No horns for GTR's (vote NO)

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

Inouva
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: Inouva Girl
LFS Name: Inouva

Re: No horns for GTR's (vote NO)

Post by Inouva »

For all ppl who voted "NO" , just remenber this

Is a Sim RACE simulator , NO A CRUISE SIM SIMULATOR
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

I can see the argument from both sides, personally I think the horns should stay in all cars.

The best solution would probably be to have it as a server setting so that GTR's only have horns when the Cruise mode setting is on, I seriously doubt the LFS devs would go that far to add this in though.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Inouva wrote:For all ppl who voted "NO" , just remenber this

Is a Sim RACE simulator , NO A CRUISE SIM SIMULATOR

So please explain why you go to cruise servers? Please explain why you were admin of one ? Please explain how a beep in a race completely destroys your "imersion" ? Is it that important ?

Can you not see how removing horns from GTR's will make police chases less realistic ? Don't you get excitement from hearing a police siren approaching ? Is it worth it to lose that ?

If it's "NO A CRUISE SIMULATOR" then kindly go race then, eh ?

/me points at forum troll >>> :|

Dev's will not go adding a sever option for horns. I'd put $100 on that.
Inouva
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: Inouva Girl
LFS Name: Inouva

Post by Inouva »

JasonJ wrote:

So please explain why you go to cruise servers?

Cuz i like be relaxed , i Race a loot and normaly go to a cruise server to relax and have a little of peace and fun

Please explain why you were admin of one ?

Cuz i am cool with ppl and have a good sense of justice and a great respect for all

Please explain how a beep in a race completely destroys your "imersion" ? Is it that important ?

You need to look the "LMP, GTR1 , GTR2 , WTCC, DTM" no one of that cars have horns , so in LFS is unrealistic the GTR´s have horns

Can you not see how removing horns from GTR's will make police chases less realistic ?

LFS is a Race simulator so.... in first place dont should be Cop´s , is not a cruise simulator , TDU is a cruise simulator

Don't you get excitement from hearing a police siren approaching ? Is it worth it to lose that ?

Nop o dont get exited , And yes is totaly worth lose that

If it's "NO A CRUISE SIMULATOR" then kindly go race then, eh ?

I race more that cruise ; )

/me points at forum troll >>> :|

Dev's will not go adding a sever option for horns. I'd put $100 on that.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

the moon barriors are a lot more unrealistic than sirens in gtrs, and i know that it will probably be alot harder to fix the barriors. there are alot of things that arent realistic about LFS, most of witch make the game more unrealistic than having horns in gtr.
just my opinion anyway
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

I still think the small amount of realism that will be returned by removing GTR horns is completely minute (tiny) compared to the amount fun that is possible with the horns that are available to GTR's.

Yes, LFS is a race simulator. But your always going to know your sitting in front of a PC. It's not like you hear a beep in a race and it's "ZOMG, *turns around* woah, I'm in my living room, omgosh, thought i was in a real car !!!!111 - Noes !! Those horns broke my immersion."

If we go to that kind of mentality of "no it's not a cruise sim" just race sim only, then RACE car skins should only be allowed and that type of thing. Remove practice mode for wrong direction driving. Cars can't do that on a real race track. They would be banned from the circuit. No one is suggesting these things.

"In first place you shouldn't be cop" ? I mean wtf? We have all sorts of things that wouldn't happen in a race. Coins searching, earning cash for just driving around, bank robbeies, etc. Whole lot of things we added to make the environment seem like a real life driving experience with things to do, fun things to have. "Shouldn't be cop", what do you expect? Just have endless laps of driving for no reason. We have cops to make it fun. Some don't want to pay fines, so they slow down when they see or hear cops. This is realism to.

TDU is a totally totally totally crap game. I bought it and played for 5 mins and burnt it. It's physics sucks and it's just boring because of that. LFS has great physics. Whats the harm in doing other cool things with it? Your sound like cruise servers shouldn't do anything that we might find cool and fun - yet you actually go cruising. "And yes is totaly worth lose that" You like to spoil other peoples fun or something?

Real cars dont have tyre temps, in-car spring damage, mini-map and numerous other things. Yet horns are top of you hit list? Can't you see that ALOT of players actually like the horns? Maybe for some valid reasons to. You shouldn't close your mind to things so fast.
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

Without wishing to escalate the argument, or antagonise anyone I do think that the following needs to be said.

As JJ points out there are a myriad of things that are persent within the game that are not realistic. Each of them could be removed to provide more realism, but at the end of the day, simulator or not, LFS remains a game. It is therefore divorced from the real world with a number of compromises and inconsistencies with real life. But each adds something to the game that provides more enjoyment for the players. Why remove items for the sake of "realism" to the detriment of those who are using them for their own enjoyment when the impact on others is less than negligable?

Furthermore, I would just like to add that it does seem to be more than a little hypocritical and un-ladylike to promote this idea when you yourself enjoy cruising "for peace and fun". Maybe it is as a result of the responses from some of the CLC players in your thread in the LFS forums and your subsequent checking up on them, but you do seem to have become something of a regular at CLC. It therefore suprises me that you would continue to promote such a change, and/or continue to participate on CLC when you are advocating something that would at a stroke lessen the enjoyment of LFS for many players (as you have seen). To continue this argument is little short of waving two fingers at the server and Admins, who spend a great deal of their own time and money developing and providing the server at no cost to you for your enjoyment.
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW