Green smoke on lfs :S

General talk about computers, hardware and software.

Moderator: CLC Crew

werd
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Green smoke on lfs :S

Post by werd »

Hello dudes!

Well, i have this problem of having green smoke instead of white... I know this i a normal problem, atleast back in the days but i never had any problems b4 with it so i never bothered to check what to do with it...
Searched lfs site and here but didnt find anything about wich i find strange...

Some background info:
Well, it all started when i played GTA and i had a low resolution, about 800.600 somethingish. well, and then when i was playing it frooze, couldent do anything, no restart, then after 10 seconds the screen went into stand-by mode...
Unplugged the comp. then restarted and then the resolution on my screen was 800.600 :O
How and why did my screen do that?! So i tryed to change it but i couldnt, tryed a third time with ever setting to see if i got it right and then it worked :S now i got 1024 x 768... B4 all this happend i had some weird resolution that seem to be in widescreen cause my screen had unused space on the topp and underneath. THEN after all this my computer didnt want to ...start, the screen stayed black and went into stand-by mode once again... Then i restarted it twice and i got this semiblue screen saying it checks CHKSD something something on C... THEN(again) it started and i got a talking bubble from the taskboard saying my screen has ...something like to low colors and/or it is to bad or something :P

Well after saying all this i have 1024 x 768 and green smoke on lfs(green smoke AND light spots of green all around the track) and i didnt b4... Its an new computer btw.
So... how do i get rid of this green smoke?! Shall i take pics of my gfx settings?

Sry for this loooong post, hope it makes some sence atleast :P

//Daniel
EDIT: its white/green smoke... mixed smoke.
Birdy Birdy in the sky, Fell a Poo Poo in my eye, Me dont care Me dont cry, Me just happy cows dont Fly!
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Re: Green smoke on lfs :S

Post by JasonJ »

Your PC crashed when in a game and the graphics settings weren't changed back to 1024x768 so when you rebooted the game settings were still in place perhaps.

Sounds like you're stuck back in 16-bit colour. Colours appear wonky in 16-bit mode in LFS, even more now that dithering is not selectable.

You need to make sure you have this setting in Windows. (the high colour is the important bit)
32bit.JPG

But the most part it's probably set wrong in LFS to. Make sure you also have it set to 32-it colours in LFS SCREEN options.
Look for 1024x768 (32 bit) in the list
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

It's a common problem in windows that if the computer shuts down unexpectantly you can lose a lot of your user settings.

It happened to me a few months ago and I had to re setup almost all of my users settings for each and every application :(
werd
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by werd »

Thanks for the answers! But now a weird part... its all better. Now i dont have dodgy colors in lfs... its in 32-bit both game and computer :S
Havent touched a thing. Haven changed settings or anything... Well im gonna re-check everything so nothings out of order but im still confused why it all of the suddent changed back with me doing anything. ...i might have an magic-selffixing-awesome-computer then! :biggrin:

I will return here if theres any more problem, be sure on that :)

Thanks again!
Birdy Birdy in the sky, Fell a Poo Poo in my eye, Me dont care Me dont cry, Me just happy cows dont Fly!
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!