Moderator: CLC Crew

CraigWalker
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: Smoby
LFS Name: Smoby

Coins To Eggs.

Post by CraigWalker »

Hey, ok, well ill just introduce my self quick, I'm "smoby" aka Craig.

After a little chat with rage last night, we was thinking about festive activity's and brought up Easter.

Sooo as the title says, "Coins To Eggs." Simply changing the coins to eggs at Easter time, this will be a funny idea and will probably encourage members to do the coin quest (Easter) more often. Possibly change the 4k bonus to a 5k bonus for the festive spirit. LOL :D.

Sooo what are your opinions on this idea? Like it?

Thanks, Smoby AKA Craig.

x
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Re: Coins To Eggs.

Post by Crystal »

Sure, sounds nice. Egghunting.
But I think just changing the name from coins to eggs wouldn't really be that exciting.
I think it should have some kind of special touch;)
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

An easy special touch would be something like no need to stop to collect it. :yummy:

Problem is I gotta recode a fair bit to do that, then have to re-uncode it back to coins if I make other changes during Easter time.

It's not just the message that says you find one. The commads to toggle the quest off/on, the rewards the drop offs quite a few changes to make that possible.

Adjusting it to a higher reward is a 2 second job. hmmm maybe 2 minute, but doesn't require recoding/recompiling/uploading/restarting.
RaGe
Using !help
Using !help
Ingame nick: RaGe or RaGe
LFS Name: psysim

Post by RaGe »

Woah, Craig, you move fast! I couldn't resist thinking about this idea. I guess an Easter Egg hunt was inspired about stories of how there was some kind of frog hunt for one of the CLIS birthdays? Even though this is a simple idea I think it would just help to bring the easter feeling! As much as the quest will be almost the same, this may inspire more people to do this quest during easter.

If its to become easier to collect each egg, would it be better to make the number you have to collect higher?

I can also see the problems of how much else would need to be changed to make this work, however, its still a great idea!

CLIS ROX :headbang:
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

depending on what u do, couldnt u just make a backup of the code? then restore it after?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

how about, if you squash (smash) the egg, it cannot be collected or, if you drive to iraticly they will break on ur back seat :P
Last edited by Eaglezor on 13 Jan 2009, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
CraigWalker
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: Smoby
LFS Name: Smoby

Post by CraigWalker »

Eaglezor wrote:how about, if you squash (mash) the egg, it cannot be collected or, if you drive to iraticly they will break on ur back seat :P
HAHA! I love it! :P.

:thumbup:

Craig.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

that a good one eagle, stop the drifters
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Eaglezor
Sergeant

Post by Eaglezor »

yeh, but not many people drift while on a coin quest, as it uses tyres
Image[/url]
Themee
Officer
Ingame nick: Themee
LFS Name: Themee

Post by Themee »

Eaglezor wrote:how about, if you squash (smash) the egg, it cannot be collected or, if you drive to iraticly they will break on ur back seat :P
that by its self would take sooo much coding... and as it is JJ is working on so many things for clc atm and prolly doesnt have time to code that much just for one day.. :(
Come to the Dark Side!!... We have Milk and Cookies

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
Eaglezor
Sergeant

Post by Eaglezor »

i know, was only a fun idea
Image[/url]
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

That is true, and we will have something like this eventually. But not for a one day only quest.