wrong side detacters to sensitive

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

zonda
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: zonda
LFS Name: zonda722

wrong side detacters to sensitive

Post by zonda »

yer.. i would just like to compain/comment on how sensative the wrong side things are they seem to be catching people out even when they are on the wright side and when you are on the wrong side they dont get picked up :P jst to say :biggrin:
Coolermaster haf932
intel quad core q6600 (overclocked to 3.2 ghZ)
Asus p5q3 mobo
corsair 4gb platinum DDR3 ram
OCZ 600w power supply
WD 500gb HD (X2)
BFG GTX260 OC2 Maxcore Edition 896MB GDDR3
Acer g24 screen, g15 keyboard, logitech DFGT wheel, Logitech g9 mouse, Logitech g35 headset :D
HarryH
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: HarryH
LFS Name: harryh

Re: wrong side detacters to sensaive

Post by HarryH »

Hey we where cruiseing on KY3SR and i was chatting to conrad about this and i think the wrong way traps are too close to compensate for people with lag post what you think alltogether i think i lost -7560 in debt i have managed to make it back i dont want a refund just a review of it :D
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

how did u lose so much cash from wrong way fines? i have never been fined incorrectly for wrong way, u must have some slow as connection, u should look at ur mini map more often to see were the oncoming traffic is, or get a faster connection to the internet
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
brataccas3
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: brataccas
LFS Name: brataccas

Post by brataccas3 »

happaning to me too :yikes: i drive right way and car my side of road doesnt get the fine but I do :yikes: oh pls fix :yikes:
faens morsomt :jawdrop:
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

A location of which trap is getting things wrong would be helpful.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

brataccas3 wrote:happaning to me too :yikes: i drive right way and car my side of road doesnt get the fine but I do :yikes: oh pls fix :yikes:
It doesn't scan every section of the track. So yes, sometimes people will go the wrong side and the system will not detect it. Like red-light-cameras, they are not on every intersection, it's not logistically possible in the real world. This is why we put traps up only at problem areas/black spots, if you get headon crashes a lot in the same area, let us know the spot and we can set up a trap there to protect you better and that teaches careless people to keep right there in that area.

I've been doing a few sessions deliberately the wrong direction lately, and I must say, I've really noticed people are keeping right a lot more than they used to. Even in a full server. I find that I'm the one causing accidents more than others. It might be because people have become more aware. But I'd like to think the new smarter trap system has helped in that learning process. I must go check out other cruise servers and see if there is any difference.

And as MaxH said, give us exact location that you believe have a bad wrong side trap, and we can look at it in fine detail.
HarryH
Official Towtruck

Post by HarryH »

SEAN-NZ wrote:how did u lose so much cash from wrong way fines? i have never been fined incorrectly for wrong way, u must have some slow as connection, u should look at ur mini map more often to see were the oncoming traffic is, or get a faster connection to the internet
Yea i have helf a meg LAN coonection so i downloaded the road texturs and kept as far to the right as poss and still got fined is it still lag? :?:
Last edited by HarryH on 19 Jan 2009, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
HarryH
Official Towtruck

Post by HarryH »

Yes JJ i agree there is one spot where i get Fined more than anywhere else i have never had this problem on another track it could have been because i had more Lag that day but i had the same problem the day before becase insim saw me on the left more than i was or the Wrongway trap is too far on my side when i am going correct direction and maybe we could move it a tiny bit to compensate for lag or is that a proplem ? :geek:

ps i may not reply because im in ICT lesson at school and my teacher is going on about poo :(
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

HarryH wrote:Yes JJ i agree there is one spot where i get Fined more than anywhere else........[snip](
SAY THE SPOT LOCATION :innocent:

PS: I'm not shouting.
HarryH
Official Towtruck

Post by HarryH »

Ok i will do JJ when i get home in G.C.S.E ICT leeson at the moment :(
CasseBent
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: CasseBent
LFS Name: CasseBent

Post by CasseBent »

it's been 6 days, has somebody called the cops?
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

also, is anyone gonna post were the problem sensors are?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD