CLC Aston Dark Road Texture

All kinds of Caribbean Cruise downloads and screenshots should be posted here.

Moderator: CLC Crew

Like it ??

looks good - UPLOAD!
81%
Too Wierd/Dark
13%
Sticking to the old ones anyway
6%

Total votes: 16

adisor
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

CLC Aston Dark Road Texture

Post by adisor »

So tell me what you guys think of it...

more pictures here

http://adrianvilcan.com/lfs/textures/clc_aston/

this is just a test.. to see how you guys think of it.

its the 1st try at it.. so its not final.

Of course props to JJ for making the dots ;) hehe

vote off..
Last edited by adisor on 31 Jul 2007, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
Eimmurb
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: Jacob
LFS Name: Eimmurb

Post by Eimmurb »

I like them, however the fact they dont line up would bother me alot >.<

Nice work though!
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Eimmurb wrote:I like them, however the fact they dont line up would bother me alot >.<

Nice work though!
Im assuming you are talking about the picture of the back straight with the White LX4/6 on it. The problem is that Aston textures are mapped pieces 4 wide and on some sections the width of the polygon is actually wider than the default. [edit: actually the outside lane texture is not mapped 1:1 but it is squished by about 10%] Which means you cannot line up some of the lines. When you move the outside lane line to line up even, it makes the centre line move out of place, because the centre line is using the same texture as the slow lane divider. SO its impossible to get all the line to line up. What you have there is the best compromise. I will have a look again tonight with a fresh head to see if I can get the lines to line up, but I have not much hope. What you must rememeber that their is virtually no choice on the spacing of the centre lines in Aston. You are rulled by the texture mapping and really are stuck with that configuration. Anyone that can make a good solution would be taken seriously, and if it is really good enough, we would be prepared to tweak the layout to line up to a better road markings/centre lines texture.

The messed up joins doesn't happen in too many spots however, so its not so bad. And some of the highways look so much better with the lines all the way down the middle, its worth the occassional blip. I hate it to, but I will try again to fix it, cause I hate it as well) If i get it solved adisor - you will be first to know.

-----------------------------

Back -OT-

Nice work Adisor, I prefer darker this textures as well, just not too dark is good as it wont match the subtle light coloured grass, but yours looks nice. Just wondering if you altered the texture pattern as I notice some weird effect on the tarmac in the same picture with the white LX. There is some weird repeating pattern in the black tarmac going on. But I assume you didn't touch the base texture pattern - just adjusted the levels and this is LFS doing whacky things.

You have chosen a good level of black because the skids are still visible. 10/10 for thinking about that.

As you have stated this is a first try, so I will add my 2 cents..

One thing I always get twitchy about is those little white flecks that appear everywhere when adjusting contrast. It gets to me because you dont see that sort of thing in real roads. Unless its snowing :-)
Two options I have tried myself in the past to remove those white flecks:
1) I just turned down gamma only and left the contrast the same and the white flecks didn't amplify. (but sacrificed some of the white line brightness)
2) I masked out the lines (centre and side lines) and adjusted the road ashphalt darkness separately, but this takes more care and can be more tedious as you have to build a complex filter mask. Unless of course you know what your doing and can make good use of edge selection tools. (Im looking at you adisor :-)

Other than the white fleck, it looks ace. Whats your opinion?
On another note: +LOL+
But damn, that is A LOT of glare to produce that effect.

I think this effect/darkness/tarmac was really nice : http://adrianvilcan.com/lfs/wallpapers/fzcruise4.png

[/OT]

I noticed your barriers, I had those ones a few months ago. Then I downloaded Electrik Kar's new 119MB Volume 1 texture pack 4 weeks ago. Your grass and etc looks like default textures. Have you got that big 119Mb pack ? I already got Electrik Kar's personal permission to edit his high res roads in his pack (must mention his name in any release) You could have a go at using his High res roads, darkening them up, adding similar road lines yourself, using ours as a guide where yo put them, putting the Sidewalks back in high res, using his white sidewalks to copy/paste. Whew.... alot of work, but that was going to be my next plan of action in the future.

Adisor: Please dont think Im trying to force you to do anything. I'm just putting my ideas and thoughts out there. Have fun with it.
Last edited by JasonJ on 01 Aug 2007, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
adisor
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by adisor »

for crying out loud Jason.. must i teach you summarization ???

haha

i read all that.. so is it Thumbs up ? too dark ? or what?

summarize it in one sentence. lol :)

i appreciate the feedback tho :) and that glare pix... dunno if i can make it happen tbo..

id have to mess around with reflections and sky and all that.. something i havnt done yet..

plus that edit that you have there that i did awhile ago..
simply seems good because i made it in a way so all the colors match.. a little washed out...

the grass/buildings/cars/skidmarks/ ... etc.

i cant render/photoshop all of em :) hehe

so im guessin i should go a little lighter on the asphalt ?
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

OK two lines:
Check your avatar. I happened to like that asphalt. (i wasn't keen on the glare pix btw)
You do what you please. I'm not the boss around here. Do what it is you do best, people will like it. See the poll. Have fun.
Fireball
Officer
Ingame nick: Xcite | Fireball
LFS Name: fireb0llch

Post by Fireball »

@adisor: Very nice texture, I hope U will uploaded it ;) :wink:
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Look great, now upload them. If someone doesn't want them they don't have to download as for the rest of the 90% that have voted 8)

I think chickens are people too !!!
adisor
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by adisor »

Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

thank you advisor! adisor*