Re: Official screenshots thread

General talk about computers, hardware and software.

Moderator: CLC Crew

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Aerodynamik wrote:Biggest 4km bonus...ever? :headbang:
http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/downl ... &mode=view
Don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever investigated AA and AF? (Anit-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering, removes the 'jaggies')
It pains me to see people not utilising it when they have 98 FPS.
Even 2x AA 2x AF might make it look heaps better.

make sure you expand the picture to see the AA/AF in action
Aerodynamik
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: <Aero
LFS Name: Aerodynamik

Better graphics is possible

Post by Aerodynamik »

JasonJ wrote:
Aerodynamik wrote:Biggest 4km bonus...ever? :headbang:
http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/downl ... &mode=view
Don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever investigated AA and AF? (Anit-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering, removes the 'jaggies')
It pains me to see people not utilising it when they have 98 FPS.
Even 2x AA 2x AF might make it look heaps better.

make sure you expand the picture to see the AA/AF in action
I only understand that you are dissing my graphic. :worried:
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

no hes not dissing your card hes actually saying you have enough fps to do more with
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
Aerodynamik
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by Aerodynamik »

passme[bum] wrote:no hes not dissing your card hes actually saying you have enough fps to do more with
Im not sad or angry, I just mean that the only thing i understand of what he said was that he didn't like my graphic and i should do something ... :confused:
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

Yes, you should turn on Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering in the LFS graphics options screen.
This will reduce your FPS but right now you have enough to be able to go a bit down on the frame rate as it will still be high enough with those settings turned on. It only has a positive effect: The edges look much smoother than they do right now.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Not disrespecting at all. Just seeing from your screenie that you have enough power to make your LFS look a bit better.
Try setting AA and AF both to 2x. (Look at pic below) If your FPS (btw 60 is great) is still above 60 then make AA and AF a bit higher. Look at the game when they are set to the highest. You should see how different (better) it looks

A higher AA (Full screen anti-aliasing) will give smoother edges. AF (Anisotropic Filtering) will give clear textures in the distance. Try higher AA first as you will appreciate and notice that most.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing#Examples
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering

edit: I've split this topic
Aerodynamik
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by Aerodynamik »

Ok, I understood a bit better now. Better now? :turned:
Attachments
inställningar.jpg
fps.jpg
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

loads :D looks good
[OPC] Miles!
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

The question is, does it look nicer to you? Do you feel more in the year 2009 instead of 1990 graphics?

And still at 130+ FPS. Looking nice. See? It's madness to watch a guy drive a Ferarri and he wont get out of 1st gear.

Try- V-sync YES (full screen vertical sync in MISC menu) which might make things look smoother in the FPS department. Personally I notice it when it jumps around from 150FPS down to 90FPS. V-sync will keep at one FPS rate equal to your monito refresh rate. If your monitor is say 60HZ then the FPS will stick at 60FPS, you wont see 150FPS on a 60hz monitor, the most you can see is 60 FPS. BUT, if the FPS is out of sync of you monitor then you may notice slight tearing in the screen refresh cycles as you spin around.
Screen Tearing eg. http://www.nhancer.com/help/images/VSync.jpg
Screen Tearing eg. http://i7.tinypic.com/8fe5uhe.jpg

Put USER LOD up to 1.00, then things looks better to. That controls Level Of Detail. ie. More polygons and objects. Keep putting the settings up until you start to hover around the refresh rate of your monitor with a 1/2 sized grid of racers infront of your car. Well thats what I try and do. Remember testing in single player is not the same as testing in multiplayer. AI uses up heaps more CPU power that multiplay online.
(BTW v-sync will stop you FPS going above your screen's refresh rate, (60hz or 75hz) so when you are testing settings, turn off v-sync temporarially so you know what true FPS your PC is pumping out.)

edit : oh and I forgot you still have your CAR AND HELMET SKINS [compressed] Change that to FULL