I have to say.. That was pathetic.

Events related threads, both in-game and forum events.

Moderator: CLC Crew

Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

I have to say.. That was pathetic.

Post by Orsenfelt »

The Enduro, Meant to start nigh on 1hour ago.

Not only hasn't it started yet, Only 2 or 3 Teams showed up anyway.
Kudos to Timbe, He did show up. Everyone else, Honestly? Poor show.
For it being a 'special' event on the CLC server, Only 1 CLC turned up. The organizer didn't even show. I'm not surprised alot of people got quite pissed off and won't be competing in further events.

As I type some contestants are now leaving the server.

I know there are "Real Life" commitments etc, I do understand that. However a nice 'Oops gotta do xxxxxx' would have been nice. However there was nothing. Folk turned up and waited around for nothing to happen, Folk got pissed at Timbe, which was wrong considering he was actually there doing what he should be doing.. Poor guy.

Anyway, I think CLC just lost quite a few points in the trustability factor =(
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

Ok I got my times wrong, Still. Right now is 19Minutes past the start time.

If your meant to drive from 4GMt onwards, you'd turn up at 3:30 right? Well that didn't happen.
Chris P
Using !pitlane
Using !pitlane
Ingame nick: Chris P
LFS Name: Chris P

Post by Chris P »

I agree. What (did not) happened was crap. We'll get to the bottom of what went wrong asap and decide what to do.

The way it looks now we have 2 options:

1) Refund all participants registered as driving in the topic(!).
2) Organize an easier endurance race which hasn't got the restrictions this one had.

On behalf of CLC, I would like to apologise to those who cancelled/altered plans to drive in this endurance.
doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

Guys, don't feel bad about it. Raz certainly needs to present a rather good explanation for not showing up :D
But his ruleset, while lacking minor details, is really good and should not be altered much. I don't think it's necessary to make the endu easier or shorter. It should just be held ;-)
And for future events it might be a good idea to have at least 2 or 3 CLC members who are responsible and know about the details so things get going even if one of the hosts doesn't show up.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

I was not going to take part of the event because I figured I would have to work during it however I was excited to see it going on and be a good obstacle (traffic) for the endurance racers. I am very disappointed in what happened today and hopefully some good will come out of what happened.