CLC Dieing ...

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

nckkinney
Officer
Ingame nick: nckkinney
LFS Name: nckkinney

Re: CLC Dieing ...

Post by nckkinney »

CLC will never die... CLC for life
|-----------------|
|--Nick Kinney--|
|-----------------|
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

it was good back in the day of clis 1, were u would fight to get into the server, people just stole the idea, so people go there and forget how awesome clc is.
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
rikkiwhitehead
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [OPC] Rikki!
LFS Name: rikkiwhitehead

Post by rikkiwhitehead »

SEAN-NZ wrote: people just stole the idea,
wabankers
Regards,
Rikki

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
cherryflip
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: cherryflip
LFS Name: cherryflip

Post by cherryflip »

Spent a day in WKD.. server isnt as good as CLC.. by far.. but omg? I see ALOT of people on there that I used to see on CLC..

So confused..Don't get why everyone left for those noobs. I mean leander was in WKD ffs how the hell can that be a good team/server?

anyways.. trying to think of ways to get "our" people back to CLC but I'm too stoopit to think of anything. Anyone have ideas?
DarkKostas
Officer
Ingame nick: [OPC] DK!
LFS Name: darkkostas

Post by DarkKostas »

cherryflip wrote:server isnt as good as CLC.. by far.. but omg?
I totally agree with you, especially EVERY single cop, with exceptions of course, is not even coming close to what i call police and used to see at CLC.

The only reason i play there is because of the players amount. For example at the moment, CLC has 2players and we know what players they are so we cant even say it players...On the other way WKD is full with 32 players.

Why is that? I really dont know. The only thing that come up to my mind is because its to easy to earn cash and get cash. At CLC especially after the health feature was added, its very hard to get a car.

The truth is that i like that, i prefer a server to be hard and have to play long time to get a car, rather than just make 50jobs in half and hour and get FXR.
LedRed
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: (NL) LedRed
LFS Name: LedRed

Post by LedRed »

passme[bum] wrote:
Aerodynamik wrote:i miss the old days with cops, and people, and new people, and cops, and trying to achieve all the nice cars, and the cops! :worried:
well im trying to recruit new officers :)
i want to cadet
but there is nobody on
so i cant cadet :(

nckkinney wrote:CLC will never die... CLC for life
+10
LedRed
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: (NL) LedRed
LFS Name: LedRed

Post by LedRed »

DarkKostas wrote:
cherryflip wrote:server isnt as good as CLC.. by far.. but omg?
I totally agree with you, especially EVERY single cop, with exceptions of course, is not even coming close to what i call police and used to see at CLC.

The only reason i play there is because of the players amount. For example at the moment, CLC has 2players and we know what players they are so we cant even say it players...On the other way WKD is full with 32 players.

Why is that? I really dont know. The only thing that come up to my mind is because its to easy to earn cash and get cash. At CLC especially after the health feature was added, its very hard to get a car.

The truth is that i like that, i prefer a server to be hard and have to play long time to get a car, rather than just make 50jobs in half and hour and get FXR.

yep i agree
I do not think we should think of ourselves
but we think for the lfs player

what we neet to think
i realy dont now :(
i want a full CLC server

but maybe ppl here have a clue for the insim
and change a little ?
its only a idea
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

well this is the thing without people theres no point in officers going on duty , thing is far too often people come on clc see its empty then go straight away , fair enough but heres where people doing this , is not helpful . then they come here posting clc is dieing , its lack of time for those who are dedicated ,lack of dedication or very low boredom threshholds for the in out guys , if you want clc to be great again , show you mean it , we as admins cannot force people to stay all we can do is keep the undesirables out , as for promoting officers there is a serious lack of candidates there are one or 2 i have my eye on , but our police force positions are well deserved not just given lightly as on other servers , i would much rather have no police than have bad officers that bring the quality of our server down , but its my opinion people want it all and they want it now ,but perfection and balance takes time , so what im saying is we have a very good idea of the way we want our server to run but at this moment in time not to say we are not open to new ideas but please keep it to new ideas , not just a rip off of other servers please .
new cruise servers are popping up every day ,some people dont even know or care that the original insim idea originated at clc they just want easy clc , used to be about driving and community spirit , now the whole cruising scene is see how fast i can earn to get everything and alienate the new people (too many people are scaring people off by following them closely to watch if they step out of line and sometimes crashing into them themselves ) clc is about having fun with friends and getting new people to come cruise with us , but people seem to think its the insim that makes a server great in my opinion its the people who populate the server that makes them great .
and its my opinion no server even comes close to what clc was in the past . i try my hardest to stay connected 24/7 so that clc is never completely empty , i am present as much as i can be ,but this is due to lack of time i wish in some ways i could be here 16 hours a day but impossible
well hopfully we will be great again sometime soon
and now this is a wow as this is probably the most ive written in 1 post ever :)
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
cherryflip
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: cherryflip
LFS Name: cherryflip

Post by cherryflip »

By "ideas" I did not mean an insim change. I meant something which we can attract people to come play in clc again and where they will realise clc is still the best.

Like an event where you can get a nice prize. But then make the event something like ehm.. requirement to join event :1k km on clc server in 1 week (or something like that). Maybe this way people will come drive on clc to get that 1k, and during that they will see how awesome clc is and stay?
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

i sort of think its people wanting something new and exciting, maybe also to have to go through all the cars and feeling proud of upgrading to a better car.
Dont shoot me for this idea but wat if another clc controlled server poped up with a different name? and see wat kind of response it gets, maybe have different features from actual clc, dont know if u could do it, but just an idea i guess.
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Post by Chesta »

that would be an interesting experiment i thinks.
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com