Laters,
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Re: Live for Speed - News!

Post by Timbe_ »

sounds nice to have something new in lfs in year 2020 or something!
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

One important thing we must mention is that to access Rockingham in LFS, users will need an S3 license.
Yeah, right. S3, a new track, the VWS plus another new car. Not. Gonna. Happen. In. This. Century.
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

What about finishing something that the world has been awaiting for 1,5 years instead of starting something new?
We want to get Rockingham to you sooner rather than later, but we don't know what will come up between now and when it is ready for release.
Bahahahah!!
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

looks like its gunna be good, if it does ever happen
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

I like the positive additude we are having with the new track :)
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

This would be amazing if/when it eventually is released though, Rockingham is only a few miles drive from my house and I go there all the time to watch races, I think I may even have been there the weekend the LFS devs say they were there =)
Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

Post by Blackbird »

doc_gooney wrote:
One important thing we must mention is that to access Rockingham in LFS, users will need an S3 license.
Yeah, right. S3, a new track, the VWS plus another new car. Not. Gonna. Happen. In. This. Century.
"S3" wont contain anything new afaik.
They just add the VWS and the Rockingham track and then they rename S2 to S3, that's it.
And ofc some small changes in tyre physics..

Bobomoomin wrote:This would be amazing if/when it eventually is released though, Rockingham is only a few miles drive from my house and I go there all the time to watch races, I think I may even have been there the weekend the LFS devs say they were there =)
Nice.
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Bobomoomin wrote:This would be amazing if/when it eventually is released though, Rockingham is only a few miles drive from my house and I go there all the time to watch races, I think I may even have been there the weekend the LFS devs say they were there =)
You were at the track when the devs were there? Do tell,... you sniffed Scawen scent in the air? :ugeek:

You mean you could have been there for that demo to and you missed it as well? I bet you feel like a right Wally.

Can't beleive the guy that was actually there was worried about the traffic jam afterwards. I think I woulda set up me sleeping bag there and chained myself to the desk. Then when they weren't looking Shift-F4 and copy to USB stick. :pirate:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

umm laser scanned... and real track, this is freaking epic. iRacing will get burried if/when they open this up. One thing that always came up was that real tracks weren't really gonna be investigated because people would always compare the game tracks to real life and the uber troll nerds would be like "oh you missed a bump ova there - fail" and lap times would have to be realistic so the physics would have to be perfect because faking stuff to make lap times work properly would just ruin the sim and/or the devs are perfectionists so not possible. Anyway, backflip on all that, real world track, oh jizz.
doc_gooney
Sergeant

Post by doc_gooney »

Blackbird wrote: "S3" wont contain anything new afaik.
Well they say there might be another car coming:
LFS-Devs wrote: The current plan is to also include another car in the initial content of the S3 license.
Still: Not. Gonna. Happen. In. This. Millenium.
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

Did they laser scan you too? Could we be in line for Bobo-Marshalls? :lol:

On a more serious note it is plesaing to see a bit more news coming out. It's a shame that it's come about because of a failure of their news blackout rather than posting some teasers to keep people interested. Coding and development skills they have, but they sometimes seem to forget all those people that they are now hoping will buy S3 to get the new track. :teehee: Once they have done one track with the laser scanning etc and perfected the technique it opens the possibility of what they might then be able to do if other tracks would let them licence the circuit. :yummy:

Wonder what the new car will be? The cynic in me thinks it'll probably be a hotted up Scirroco
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

wow. il be back in a couple of years then :P
still should be good when it comes about :)
il probably actually bother to connect for more than 20mins xD
[OPC] Miles!
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Post by Chesta »

Epic lulz @ LFS Devs.

see ya in 2 years ;)
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
doc_gooney
Sergeant

Post by doc_gooney »

mjh93sa wrote:On a more serious note it is plesaing to see a bit more news coming out. It's a shame that it's come about because of a failure of their news blackout rather than posting some teasers to keep people interested. Coding and development skills they have, but they sometimes seem to forget all those people that they are now hoping will buy S3 to get the new track.
I'd like to think that these guys do take other jobs, besides developing LFS. Considering how many people are online on average (around 500-1500), thus how often people might buy licenses (including those who lost their old ones or make 2nd accounts), I'd figure they probably have earned less than a million over the years. They shouldn't have very high running expenses (a few servers for hosting master/skins), maybe a couple hundred dollars per month, including bandwidth. LFS startet in 2002, lets be generous and say they've earned around a million, 300k for each guy in 6-7 years. Roughly results in a salary of about 40k-50k dollahs a years. For highly trained programmers and artists that's not too much really. That's why I expect them to work on other projects as well. Of course I might be totally wrong here. But I think this calculation isn't too unrealistic. To put it in a nutshell: They're not working full time on LFS, that's why the dev-cycles are so long. Perfectly okay for me, as long as they let people know about it. Which they don't.
mjh93sa wrote:Once they have done one track with the laser scanning etc and perfected the technique it opens the possibility of what they might then be able to do if other tracks would let them licence the circuit.
Thing is though, to optimize tracks from the raw laser scan is probably extremely time-consuming. Shouldn't be much quicker than designing a fantasy track from scratch where they already can optimize it for LFS during the modeling phase , not afterwards.
mjh93sa wrote:Wonder what the new car will be? The cynic in me thinks it'll probably be a hotted up Scirroco
I expect another lame formula car. I'd love to see a Merc Racing Truck ;)