Endurance Race...

Events related threads, both in-game and forum events.

Moderator: CLC Crew

Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Endurance Race...

Post by Bobomoomin »

Well, how can I put this. It was a complete disaster.

I noticed that Razvan, the guy who acctually organised this event, didn't turn up and that apart from Timbe, neither did a single admin. Dissapointing.

Because of this the event had to be canceled due the there being no cops or supervisors online at the start, a few of the Xcite guys decided they knew best and began to start reguardless of what the admin had said, when they found out it wouldn't count they just went off swearing and abusing others, eventually asking Timbe to permantly ban them.

Hopefully the event will be resheduled to next week with the starting time and rules made a LOT clearer.

Bobo.
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

It is 16:20 right now and I still have hope for someone to show up.
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

It was a major mix up in times.

The official start was 4PM GMT.

For whatever reason, People were wanting to go at 3PM GMT. (4PM UK TIME, Were in BST now)

People were leaving around 50 Minutes ago. Which I can understand tho.

50Minutes ago was 20Minutes before the start of the race, Or 3:40GMT.
You would expect everyone to be in the server and ready to leave the start line at 4GMT, Not just join the server at 4GMT. (The Race said 4-12 8Hour endurance. Its not finishing at 12 if you start after 4 is it..)

Also, It is now 35Minutes over the official start time and the official organizer isn't there, Which most people were expecting. Only half the teams turned up through the entire day so far.

Complete misunderstanding and failure heh..
doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

Duck Tape Cruisers were there, even 1 hour early, ready to go. One other thing I'd like to have made clear is whether all members of a team have to be present during all of the the race. Because I had timed everybody to show up when his stint was to begin. We had an exact schedule for our take-overs. Answer to that should be put into the rules as well.
Apart from that it was only the Dynamite guy (or what's his name?) from Xcite who was swearing. Other members of that team were just joking around, no need to exaggerate, Bobo :)
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

doc_gooney wrote:Duck Tape Cruisers were there, even 1 hour early, ready to go. One other thing I'd like to have made clear is whether all members of a team have to be present during all of the the race. Because I had timed everybody to show up when his stint was to begin. We had an exact schedule for our take-overs. Answer to that should be put into the rules as well.
Apart from that it was only the Dynamite guy (or what's his name?) from Xcite who was swearing. Other members of that team were just joking around, no need to exaggerate, Bobo :)
Daytona
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

I apologise if what I said was over exaggerated, I was just rather annoyed while posting. I turned down an invitation to a LAN party I'd been planning to go to in order to make sure I could make this new date.