The RAC, underestimated and disrespected.

Chat about anything about racing and cars, as long as it is in a game!

Moderator: CLC Crew

Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

The RAC, underestimated and disrespected.

Post by Dark Force »

I'm sure many of you have caught sight of the little RAC buzzing by as you were driving
along on the roads of CLC. Even though the car is used very little, most people have strong
opinions about the RAC. Every time I personally ask someone what they think about the RAC I often
get a very negative response. I must admit, In the past I shared the same negative thoughts on
the matter. Until recently, I have spent a fair amount of time driving it and trying to under-
stand this "little giant". I have found a setup that is very comfortable and after giving this
car some time I have developed nothing short of deep respect and a love for it! The fun I have
had driving this car recently has inspired me to write this article about how misunderstood the
RAC really is.

Lets start with what we already know about the RAC. The RAC is actually based of off an
existing car. The current RA05(Racabout 2005) is a Finnish sports car constructed of a light
weight carbon body with the soul purpose to satisfy the complex relationship between man and
motoring. The RAC in LFS has a 2.0 L Turbo Inline 4, with a mid engine and is rear wheel drive. It weighs in at 800kg/1763ibs and it packs an awesome 245 BHP. Unfortunately due to its high level of disrespect and downplay in the LFS community, it is rarely driven at all.

Despite how little it is driven, one must admit how great the car looks. I just cant get over the "curves". Granted the rear end isn’t my favorite bit but the front end makes up for all the rest. I’ve always loved a mid engine sports car.

Many of us have very different driving styles on LFS. One person can praise a setup and another
can hate it at the same time. Below I provided the RAC setup I have been using lately. I'm
not calling it a "fast race setup" but I find it very stable and comfortable for cruising. All that I ask of you all, is to give the RAC another fair chance, and I hope you can come to appreciate the car like I have in the past few weeks. Good luck out there.

My personal setup: http://www.filefront.com/14868553/RAC_Trueno.set
Attachments
lfs-20091105-233506.jpg
lfs-20091105-233637.jpg
Racuse.jpg
:lfs:
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Re: The RAC, underestimated and disrespected.

Post by MaxH »

i totally agree, it IS awesome looking, and tbh, im not that 'against' it. My personal hate-list instead has xfr and ufr in it (allthough i think they are very 'cute' looking).

I dont think i got yer setup yet, gonna try it in the weekend.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

The thing that kills it for me is the interior. especially the impossible to read gauges. And then you cant even enjoy the beauty of it because the rear-view just shows it's ugly side. :?

also the engine sound isn't very pleasant IMO
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Wraak wrote:The thing that kills it for me is the interior.

fixed a bit.

Sound, skin, interior.. (back up you old ones in case you don't like them)
My collection, (not my work though): http://www.filefront.com/14881809/RAC_parts.zip
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

JasonJ wrote:
Wraak wrote:The thing that kills it for me is the interior.

fixed a bit.

Sound, skin, interior.. (back up you old ones in case you don't like them)
My collection, (not my work though): http://www.filefront.com/14881809/RAC_parts.zip
Gauges still impossile to read :p
Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

Post by Dark Force »

I assume you use in car view? I humbly suggest you try a custom view that's abit closer to the gauges, or just turn the virtual gauges on?
:lfs:
HarryH
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: HarryH
LFS Name: harryh

Post by HarryH »

Hey Guys, I have to agree most people say the "Handling" is rubbish but what they don't realise is how fast they are achaly going! With its 2.0L Supercharged engine and hardly weighs much at 800 kg obviously that's not as light as other cars but still. Personally I love the RAC its the kind of car you can cruise around in with loud music and be entertained and with some practice you can be VERY FAST! =] :mrgreen: