LFS Mods...

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

Satanless
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: BlackWolf
LFS Name: xWolFx

LFS Mods...

Post by Satanless »

So, the controversial question; How many of you use LFS Mods? Whether this is car mods, or other types of mod. Have the mods improved your gaming experience? If so how?

I keep overhearing that car mods in LFS are breeching the license agreement, but at the same time, they make the game so much better and more enjoyable.

Example:

Yesterday I downloaded the Nissan S14 mod for the XRG and XRT, it has made driving the XRT a whole new experience which has in turn made the game more fun.
dsm_drift
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [OPC] DsmDrift!
LFS Name: marsilians

Re: LFS Mods...

Post by dsm_drift »

I used to have many scenarios.

Well first, I played without any mods, which I found great as I didn't know about mods. Then I used textures mod (like HQ game, skies etc...) that was amazing ! And that changed a lot the game experience, as the game was way more cute !

Then I heard about my first mod, the AE86 by Magno-T. As I'm fond of Japan Cars, I got it, and that was ... wow !
So then I started modding all the cars, but I also got many problems for multiplayer experiences ... So I went back to a original game, only with my textures packs.

And came the idea of having two installs of the game. One for multiplayer (so original), then one with mods, in case I want to play like that or for videos, for example.

And now, I'm totally back to original game (still with HQ... how to do without now ? when I play at a friends' with nothing, thats ... :thumbdown: )

Here's for my opinion mate. :P

C ya soon on CLC roads ;)
Jonathan
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Re: LFS Mods...

Post by passme[bum] »

this is not a topic we want on ours forums as its against lfs rules and copyright laws ,i actively discourage the use of car mods for the above reasons and also most car mods play havoc with the collision physics , spoiling others enjoyment , i will be locking this thread .
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases