CLiS Feedback

The City Life Crew will publish news and updates in this forum.

Moderator: CLC Crew

mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

CLiS Feedback

Post by mjh93sa »

Version History and feedback have been separated. This thread is for comments and feedback on CityLifeInSim (CLiS).
smacky
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: smacky
LFS Name: smacky

Re: CLiS Feedback

Post by smacky »

love the courier its awsome :) :headbang:
]Image
beefyman666
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: beefyman666
LFS Name: beefyman666

Post by beefyman666 »

Delivering a news package...

I'm liking the new CLiS update. Some good stuff in there.
Asplii
Officer
Ingame nick: Asplii
LFS Name: Asplii

Post by Asplii »

I really like the courier too :D :thumbup:
Ed, Edd n Edvin
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

Pretty cool. Though I suggest calculating the reward based on the distance between the start and delivery points, else there is no point in selecting one of the places that are further away since you get the same cash if you choose the nearest.
Also I think the reward itself is a little high: 200 € for driving the M5 up from the courier depot to Police station on the current track (AS7R). Anything higher than 100 € for that distance is too much for my taste, it's just the wrong scale compared to other quest rewards.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

dsm_drift
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [OPC] DsmDrift!
LFS Name: marsilians

Post by dsm_drift »

I like it too, but i do have to say I agree with Crystal on the rewards.
Plus, I have a question, when someone gets a package, only him sees what he got, but in the case of illegal packages, how do cops can know if a civ has a package ?
Carlos
Officer
Ingame nick: Carlos
LFS Name: Denonforce14

Post by Carlos »

dsm_drift wrote:I like it too, but i do have to say I agree with Crystal on the rewards.
Plus, I have a question, when someone gets a package, only him sees what he got, but in the case of illegal packages, how do cops can know if a civ has a package ?
The officer/cadet will have to bust him and figure it out himself :)
Toyota Soarer driftcar in the garage.
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

i really like this courier quest :thumbup:

- what about a message for 10 packages like u get it for 10 lotto tickets?
"... is a courier maniac! 10 packages!"

- wouldnt it be nice to be able to deliver food/drinks to people? (you get health for it) idk if thats possible tho

- people should be able to hide courier messages like you can do it with gold coins etc

- hmm, had another idea when i was on server... meh.. ill post when it comes to my mind again :turned:
Image Image
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

Also the fines for being busted with an illegal package are way too low. You get fined less than 100 € as a UF1, but if you succeed in delivering/collecting you make 600 €.
Also: Same thing in FXR, but the other way round: Successful delivery is like 100 €, but the fine for a bust is 500 € .. rriiight.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by mjh93sa »

Thanks for the replies.... and a few comments back.

The rewards are currently set high. This is to get interest and to get people using the system to find any bugs. We found one and plugged a loop-hole so it worked. You will see them come down a bit pretty soon.

The rewards and fines are scaled in opposition as with the rest of CLC. Rewards for taking a small car are higher and fines in the larger cars are higher. This is to get people into the smaller cars (to earn more) and to try and make it a little more fun for newbies. Again, scaling to lower figures will occur soon, but they will still be this way around for the above reasons.

Just like in real life, the police have nothing more than intuition to tell if someone is carrying an illegal package. Random stop checks and stopping those people behaving in a suspicious manner are all part of the fun. It's nice to see some more Officers patrolling as a result (at least tonight), but please treat the courier depot like the bank and don't camp out next to it and spoil the fun or the Police Chief is likely to get annoyed at his staff. :D

There are a number of items to polish, with some of the switches still to be put in. But given the limited time available during the week for coding we thought it better to stick it up now and let you have some fun, rather than wait a week or two to get it all sorted out.
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
beefyman666
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: beefyman666
LFS Name: beefyman666

Post by beefyman666 »

Found something on the new update.

:Error - failed to fine

Got this message when I returned to the pits after pitlaning. Errors usually mean bad things so thought i'd let you know, but it was also good in my case as I didnt get fined!

bo7od also got this message as he pitlaned at the same time.

Lovin' the new Courier quest though. Very nicely rewritten Matt. :thumbup:
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by mjh93sa »

.. it's a bit of debug code that crept in.

No fines or anything result. This will be seen (until next update) whenever you !pitlane without a package quest selected.

Now updated
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
Asplii
Officer
Ingame nick: Asplii
LFS Name: Asplii

Post by Asplii »

I really enjoy reading the version history of CLiS when it's frequently nice updates :D
Ed, Edd n Edvin