This whole parking thing...

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

VTiRoj
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: VTiRoj / 1.4iSRoj
LFS Name: VTiRoj

This whole parking thing...

Post by VTiRoj »

I haven't played LFS for nearly 2 years. When I did play, I was a CLC regular and I'd spend hours playing. I liked to park up with friends and enjoy the views that Fern Bay has. Also when I'd need to AFK for a bit, I could park somewhere off the road and not have to worry about anything except maybe a flying UF1 attacking me whilst I was gone.

Last week I started playing LFS again since I have the ability to play it again. So straight to the CLC server I went! :P But imagine my horror when I found out the only safe place to park is the police station! What happened, CLC? I understand you want people to drive instead of parking everywhere being AFK, but the whole !steal thing has ruined the fun of having multiple car parks on the map when only one is actually safe. If I want to park up and talk to friends, I have to go to the police station or keep moving my car every 5 minutes so I don't come up as a target for someone to steal from. The need to park up when your clutch is overheating can go without being said.

I also feel bad for Pass Me, who is always parked up in the police station watching over us and constantly has people bumping into him when they're trying to park, myself included. Sorry Pass Me!

Other than that, I love all the new features and I'm glad CLC is still around after so long! It's great to be back and cruising! :thumbup:

Pic related, good times.

My XFG is annoying and I hate it. I drive my FXR at twice the speed and yet I don't crash it anywhere near as much as my XFG. ¬_¬

In Garage: FXR, FZ5, RB4, XFG, XRG
Next To Buy: XRT
dsm_drift
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [OPC] DsmDrift!
LFS Name: marsilians

Re: This whole parking thing...

Post by dsm_drift »

You know, mister 1.4i driver ^^, even if there is the PD nowadays, there are still lots of time where ppl park on the road, even on the regular players, because of someone ringing the bell, someone calling, and there are still some !steal / attacking scenes :)
illegal
Officer
Ingame nick: nic illegal
LFS Name: illegal

Post by illegal »

VTiRoj wrote:Last week I started playing LFS again since I have the ability to play it again. So straight to the CLC server I went! :P But imagine my horror when I found out the only safe place to park is the police station! What happened, CLC? I understand you want people to drive instead of parking everywhere being AFK, but the whole !steal thing has ruined the fun of having multiple car parks on the map when only one is actually safe. If I want to park up and talk to friends, I have to go to the police station or keep moving my car every 5 minutes so I don't come up as a target for someone to steal from. The need to park up when your clutch is overheating can go without being said.
I'm totally down with this suggestion. Having a second car park -or more- could come in handy, especially on the longer tracks like Fern Bay.
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀
teamnic | Lastfm | deviantArt

LFS patches | LFS Strobe
Distance records | Lap time records | Teh rig

Annoying you in LFS since February 2003.
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

well on longer tracks this is a problem as lack of objects plus it would defeat the object of the steal command
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

Post by Blackbird »

I think i agree with VTiRoj..
Not that i care about the money which i lose but it's the principle..
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
feffe85
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: SWE|Zaphyr3
LFS Name: feffe85

Post by feffe85 »

I totally disagree with those wanting more or bigger Police Stations/AFK-areas..

Think of parking outside the AFK-area as parking ur car without locking it :) I dont mind losing the 100-600€ that people can steal from me, its part of the game. The game being CLC with all its rules and players ofc. Also, to earn 1.000€ aint that hard now when we have tickets, courier AND the bonus hour..

Sure, i know im one of the biggest AFK'ers (Pass me being the biggest :wink: ) tho if there aint a parking spot available when i need to park, i just park outside and take the consequences :)