[CLC] Car Park Blockage!

Events related threads, both in-game and forum events.

Moderator: CLC Crew

(The Stig)
First corner-smasher
First corner-smasher
Ingame nick: (The Stig)
LFS Name: (The Stig)

[CLC] Car Park Blockage!

Post by (The Stig) »

Hey guys,

Well after last months event which went pretty well (Apart from me getting banned) I thought i'd get another event going but this time it's based in the Police Station, below is all the information you need to know.

Whats going to happen?

Ok, the event will be based in the Car Park, you've got to park as many cars as you can in to the Car Park WITHOUT HITTING PASS ME, Then you've got to get the person in the middle out before you can get yourself out, you have 100 goes to try and get the person in the middle out. Also theres got to be a prize so the one who gets [CLC] Pass Me out without Pass Me hitting anyone gets 10k, but you must first of all get the person in the middle out. Good Luck!

Dates & Times

Date: 2nd October 2010
Time: 12:00pm till 13:00pm (GMT) Greenwich Meantime: London Lisbon Edinburgh, Dublin

Is their a need for registeration? No just turn up on the day.

Will I be there? Yes I will :)
Intel Core i3-330M processor
(2.13GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
Intel HD Graphics
Up to 763 MB DVMT
15.6 HD (1366x768) LED LCD
dsm_drift
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [OPC] DsmDrift!
LFS Name: marsilians

Re: [CLC] Car Park Blockage!

Post by dsm_drift »

I am sorry, but i didn't understand the goal of the event, actually.

Plus, the PD is for people that go AFK, and blocking it for them is bad if some people touch them (maybe sending them OOB), or if they want to go out if not interested in participating into the event.
(The Stig)
First corner-smasher
First corner-smasher
Ingame nick: (The Stig)
LFS Name: (The Stig)

Post by (The Stig) »

Thats the whole point, you need to try and NOT HIT the people in the Police Station. Then try and get out without hitting people in the police station...
Intel Core i3-330M processor
(2.13GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
Intel HD Graphics
Up to 763 MB DVMT
15.6 HD (1366x768) LED LCD
DarkKostas
Officer
Ingame nick: [OPC] DK!
LFS Name: darkkostas

Post by DarkKostas »

I still dont get it.
you've got to park as many cars as you can
Its not GTA to press enter and get another car...
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

Whilst great to get a bit of involvement from the users of CLC, which we try and support where we can, there are a few issues with this event...

The Police station is for safe parking. It cannot be guaranteed that all persons parked there will wish to participate, nor that nobody will want to park in the area for the duration of the event. Therefore the idea as presented would be essentially an incentive to wreck in the PD, not something that we can allow.

Also, the announcement of the event before Admins have responded to requests to permit and assist in the running presumes that they will be able to re-arrange their calendar to suit your own. This may not be possible, and in this particular case is unfortunately highly likely.

I can appreciate that you want to get in on an event in which you can attend after the unfortunate events in the lead up to the last one, but please give Admins time to respond to your approach before committing anyone to action.

In the case of this event it seems a little muddled as to the aims of the event. Perhaps you could develop the idea a little further, using the following as a guide. Also, where required a modified layout can be used (as has been done by OPC and proposed by Gooney) to avoid using areas of the track for things that they weren't designed for!

Event:
Title.
Dates:
Event date.
Description:
A reasonably detailed description of the event, to include the following details:
  • Duration of the event
  • Requested Track (we may ask that the date change to a time when the track is in use)
  • Required input from CLC admins.
  • Who will be judging the event.
  • Prizes (and who is paying them)
The take a look at some of the other great ideas...and how they have been presented...clear aims, screenshots and videos where this makes explaining easier...

http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/viewt ... =29&t=1088
http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/viewt ... =29&t=1728
http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/viewt ... =29&t=1045
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
beefyman666
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: beefyman666
LFS Name: beefyman666

Post by beefyman666 »

(The Stig) wrote:Will I be there? Yes I will :)
Probably not, you'll ban yourself again before the event!

:saythat:

In all seriousness, it doesn't sound like much fun. And what Matt said pretty much sums things up.

If you want people turning up to an event, organise a Gumball or something. It's been a while since one of those and it'd be good to see the numbers like at the previous events.

Also something like a certain car (eg. UF1 only etc) meet would be good aswell. (I tried organising one before but due to hard life, I had no internet a few weeks beforehand).