Latest Updates to CLC

The City Life Crew will publish news and updates in this forum.

Moderator: CLC Crew

mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Latest Updates to CLC

Post by mjh93sa »

As some of you are aware there have been a couple of updates, both to LFS and also CLC.

1. Z30 Patch Release

On 22nd April Z30 client and host patches were released. Both CLC hosts have been patched to Z30.

Z30 offers some significant improvements for the cruising community...
  • Improved barrier physics
  • Open layouts
  • Ramps available for all tracks
However, the open tracks mean that we do have some work to do in updating layouts and locations of things like the bank and shops. The server will remain online and we will be doing a lot of this work live. Therefore we may have to take the server down from time to time, and hope that you will bear with us as we work through the updates. This effects the second piece of news less in the long run, but possibly more in the short term.

1.Second Server

As mentioned in the questions thread in my response to DK we now have a second server. At the moment the intent is that this will be configured as a Demo server. It is early days though and we will see how things pan out.

Basically it is in the minds of the Admin's a second server, so can and will be used for Demo / Events / Testing as we see fit. If Demo turns out to be a free-for-all that cannot be managed like the S2 server then we will likely configure it as an S2 server. Hopefully we won't have to do this and we can offer CLC to a wider audience.

User files are linked, so you can earn on either track. Equally our Towtrucks and Police can undertake all of their usual duties on either track at any time.

There are a couple of obvious differences though which are driven by the lack of layouts. Road signs are permanently displayed as there are no poles to show the speedlimits. The shop has no shopkeeper function as it's difficult to position yourself accurately at the right location.

During times such as now with the launch of Z30 and the work that we have to do to our layouts, the Demo server is being employed for development work and is temporarily unavailable.

Edit: 2nd Server currently set as [CLC] CityLifeCrew 2 and running whilst we do track development. Come see what's happening, but on't be surprised if a barrier appears (or disappers) in front of you!
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
Shivkp01
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [CLC] Shiv
LFS Name: Shiv

Re: Latest Updates to CLC

Post by Shivkp01 »

Hi

I was just wondering why you put 24th of April as the release date when it's the 23rd today. Is it the official release tomorrow (24th)?

Thanks
Shiv
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by mjh93sa »

Shivkp01 wrote:Hi

I was just wondering why you put 24th of April as the release date when it's the 23rd today. Is it the official release tomorrow (24th)?

Thanks
Shiv
I don't know what you mean :innocent: Put it down to tiredness. :biggrin:
[CLC] M135i
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

Made a layout for Aston. Feel free to use/edit if you like it.
Attachments
Aston CLC.zip
Layout file zipped
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
Shop
Shop
Lotto dropoff
Lotto dropoff
Police station
Police station
Bank
Bank
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by mjh93sa »

Cheers Crystal.

In the first in stance we will probably have layouts that are based substantially on those already existing. Reason being that there is a lot of configuration stuff to do with locations, roadsigns and things that takes some time to sort out.

That doesn't rule out other configurations later, but just means that they take longer to get around to.
[CLC] M135i
Leadfoot
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Barrier Lover
LFS Name: leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Could someone also put up a link to where we can find the new patch
marud
Ingame nick: marud
LFS Name: marud

Post by marud »

Leadfoot wrote:Could someone also put up a link to where we can find the new patch
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74012
Here you go!
underworld
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG
Ingame nick: [=EM=]under
LFS Name: Underworld20

Post by underworld »

why cant i get on the server its saying thost has a different gamme code ???? i aint down nothing to it :s
DarkKostas
Officer
Ingame nick: [OPC] DK!
LFS Name: darkkostas

Post by DarkKostas »

0.6A1 version released. You have to upgrade to this one in order to play.
underworld
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by underworld »

DarkKostas wrote:0.6A1 version released. You have to upgrade to this one in order to play.
where can i get that from bud ?
underworld
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by underworld »

found it but still saying the same
DarkKostas
Officer
Ingame nick: [OPC] DK!
LFS Name: darkkostas

Post by DarkKostas »

Make sure at the entry screen it says correct version. You have to install it over the current LFS(unless you make a backup for z34 and have 2 LFS Folders).
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

loving the new objects in the latest patch
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases