CLC becomes very unpopular!

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

wentz22 wrote:That is a nice idea but i cant see it working.

Just like when admins are present and when there not present the atmosphere of the server is different. I know because iv lived on both sides of the lake so to speak, iv been on the server as a non admin and seen the total chaos that is comited, but as soon as an admin logs in they stop and move on with there lives.
okay i see what you mean but is that really a problem? the less chaos on the server the better. i always prefer to see an admin, not only because it's someone i know when the server is full of new people who i don't. if having an admin online makes people move on with their lives then that's good.

i ike Chesta's idea of a CLC rep/under-admin/mod style position.

i would happily take up this position if i was asked (i'm not gonna nag admins, just remember me if you ever need anyone :wink:)

anyway i'm glad there is work going on behind the scenes, it does feel like the server has just been left and forgotten about.
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

matt2000 wrote:
i would happily take up this position if i was asked (i'm not gonna nag admins, just remember me if you ever need anyone :wink:)
same!
Image Image
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

there have been 14+ players last 6 hours...
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Just to let everyone know why I have not been active latly. I got a new pc a few weeks ago and now I have to play lfs wireless as I have no cable in my room. With my wireless my signal cuts out (not fully) for a second or two which sometimes casues me to lose connection. I am not sure why it is having such problems I am actually not very far from the router itself and I also have an xbox 360 I use wirelessly which is alot farther with no lag. Hope I can figure out what to do I have tried everything except a complete reset of the router which I may have to do. I hope I don't have to because I have about 15 devices mac filtered in and I would rather not have to do that again :( .
matt2000
Official Towtruck

Post by matt2000 »

shaken_bacon wrote:With my wireless my signal cuts out (not fully) for a second or two which sometimes casues me to lose connection. I am not sure why it is having such problems I am actually not very far from the router itself and I also have an xbox 360 I use wirelessly which is alot farther with no lag.
have you tried another WiFi reciever? not sure if the 360 reciever works for PC but you could try plugging it in. i have a USB reciever on my other PC which sometimes has problems (not with signal though). hope you can get it sorted. shame you're not in the UK because we can buy network kits to run through the mains electrical sockets in the house, through the earth connection. that way you can still use a wired connection.
alligator
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by alligator »

I left CLC after the account reset and settled down in LTC. Few weeks ago I noticed that I still had my XRR in CLC. That was a pleasant surprise but the server is so empty and I haven't seen any officers for a long time so it is pretty boring to cruise there.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

matt2000 wrote:
shaken_bacon wrote:With my wireless my signal cuts out (not fully) for a second or two which sometimes casues me to lose connection. I am not sure why it is having such problems I am actually not very far from the router itself and I also have an xbox 360 I use wirelessly which is alot farther with no lag.
have you tried another WiFi reciever? not sure if the 360 reciever works for PC but you could try plugging it in. i have a USB reciever on my other PC which sometimes has problems (not with signal though). hope you can get it sorted. shame you're not in the UK because we can buy network kits to run through the mains electrical sockets in the house, through the earth connection. that way you can still use a wired connection.
No my 360 wireless adaptor does not work on the pc. In fact I don't have the offical microsoft wireless adaptor for it. I didn't want to spend 130$ canadian when my linksys device does same job for $20. The thing which is most annoying is my connection goes from grat to bad it is not a constant thing. Like I can download files and such fine because my connection going bad for a few seconds doesn't effect it however online gaming does. I can download files at about 1.5mbs with a good server. (I actually mean downloading at 1500 kbs my internet is 15mb.)

Any other ideas are appreciated.

PS: router from other pc is dlink 524. my wireless usb adaptor is a dlink DWA 130. I am running vista on my new pc and have wireless devices power savings to maximum (which means no power saving.)
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

I've talked to a few people who left CLC and went to LTC. 2 months after CLiS 2 was releases and they still think you loose cars and get the big 30K+ fines at CLC. I believe alot of people at LTC still think you loose the cars and the get big fines here at CLC. Once we get the 2000K for timeout fixed we might see a couple people come back. But most LFS players are young and want the easy road to GTR's.

I occassionally go to LTC for a sec to see whos on. I never see cops.
BlakjeKaas
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by BlakjeKaas »

I miss SO...
FE was ok too, but SO was the best CLC, if that would be w/ that insim stuff, it would be cooler.
doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

I don't miss SO at all. It's just way too short to have fun. I've been on LTC exactly 2 times and I wouldn't consider it to be equally satisfying as CLC. You don't really earn your cars and money, because there's no work involved. They sure do have a couple of nice features, like licenses, and no bankrupcy, but on the other hand I never got close to being bankrupt on CLC and my gut feeling says, on CLC the average of players are much more mature. And by the way, I don't mind at all if the CLC servers are not full at all times. It simply means you don't get crashed so often, and players get to know each other more easily. I really like it the way it is right now.
VTiRoj
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: VTiRoj / 1.4iSRoj
LFS Name: VTiRoj

Post by VTiRoj »

doc_gooney wrote:It simply means you don't get crashed so often, and players get to know each other more easily. I really like it the way it is right now.
YES! I also have to say, without as many people spamming or complaining in servers as before, you can really get some good conversations on CLC and make some new friends :D Thats actually how Fern Bay was briefly when everyone jumped ship to Aston :P
My XFG is annoying and I hate it. I drive my FXR at twice the speed and yet I don't crash it anywhere near as much as my XFG. ¬_¬

In Garage: FXR, FZ5, RB4, XFG, XRG
Next To Buy: XRT
matt2000
Official Towtruck

Post by matt2000 »

i don't remember CLC using SO, i guess i hadn't found the server yet. but i hink SO is too small tbh. it's nice as it is, and we even had a cop yesterday!
VTiRoj
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: VTiRoj / 1.4iSRoj
LFS Name: VTiRoj

Post by VTiRoj »

In the old days of just join'n'drive in the AutoX, there was a CLC South City that popped up for a bit :D
My XFG is annoying and I hate it. I drive my FXR at twice the speed and yet I don't crash it anywhere near as much as my XFG. ¬_¬

In Garage: FXR, FZ5, RB4, XFG, XRG
Next To Buy: XRT
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

Heh, I'm alright with things how they are but still really missing FE :( If it's no tup on a second server soon I'd vote for it to be on the main server.
Chris P
Using !pitlane
Using !pitlane
Ingame nick: Chris P
LFS Name: Chris P

Post by Chris P »

It is a shame the officers and admins are mostly too busy with real life. It seems to be less so with TC and LTC because their admins are younger with just school whereas we're pretty much all adults with jobs and bills to pay.
Even getting CLIS updated takes time as we have just 1 programmer who also has other duties.

For those who don't know everyone, here's a list of the admins.

Chris P (active)
JasonJ (very active)
RAYFighter (inactive)
MaxHeadroom (somewhat active)
MilitantPotato (active)
Razvan-R (inactive)
Synthectic Racer (inactive)
Jenny (inactive)
Franky500 (somewhat active)
Sicarius (temporarily inactive)
Monkster (somewhat inactive)
Timbe_ ((very) active)

I might even have forgotten someone. So there you go.

As for the track/layout situation. Work was started on a new idea, but that's been put on hold for now because of real life stuff.