Service Update - July 2012

The City Life Crew will publish news and updates in this forum.

Moderator: CLC Crew

mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Service Update - July 2012

Post by mjh93sa »

Ladies and Gents,

As you will have noticed, CLC has been down (or at least passworded) for the past few days. This post is therefore to give you a quick update as to why, and what is now going on.

Firstly, we are still here and have every plan to remain so.

Unfortunately a denial of service attack was carried out against the server upon which we were hosted, which resulted in it being taken down for the duration of the attacks. Once all services had been suspended our hosting facility have taken the opportunity to perform a number of other planned upgrades, which should improve service reliability, but which have resulted in some further delays whilst data has been recovered and transferred.

As you will see, we are now back in a position of having the servers running, and the forum and Teamspeak also back alive (Teamspeak does have a new IP which will be announced shortly, and certainly in the server). We are however taking a few moments before opening up again to clean house and install some upgrades to CLiS etc. More details of this will be forthcoming within the next day or so as we perform the necessary testing before going fully live.

Thankyou for bearing with us, and we look forward to resuming normal service in the near future!

[CLC]135i
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Re: Service Update - July 2012

Post by mjh93sa »

More news:

We have taken the opportunity of this outage to release a new version of CLiS. As well as having a few new tweaks it also changes radically the way that people earn cars. For this reason, after much consideration we have also reset all of the user accounts.

Whilst I can appreciate that some will not like this, everyone is in the same position of starting again from scratch (yes, even the Admins).

The major change for this version, which we are calling CLiS3 is the introduction of a system that requires users to run with air and mass restrictions and to upgrade the car to achieve full performance.

Road class cars remain unrestricted in all respects (it's just easier than explaining to some newbies), but all other cars are subject to restrictions when purchased. Upgrades can be bought from the Tuning Shop and permit the reduction of restrictions set for the car. To avoid a culture of being able to just buy the fastest car and drive we have also introduced a points system. For each upgrade you are charged in CLC cash and Upgrade Points and must also have completed a minimum distance in the car that you wish to upgrade.

Upgrade points are awarded for just about all interactions with the server, such as completion of quests (distance, gold coins / bars etc) as well as for bank robberies and police chases. As you would expect the more successful you are at these the more points you get.

There may yet be a few bugs to iron out, so consider this an open beta.

As a result of the reset we have also reset the bans file, the slate has been wiped clean and all are welcome to show us that they have changed, or that we were wrong to exclude them.

Teamspeak has moved to 109.70.149.232:10004 but in all other respects remains the same (and all userfiles have been transported across).

A new quest has also been added "!cruise" will allow a group to cruise together, staying within a maximum distance of each other and earning at a higher rate. This is ended when the distance between cruisers increases beyond the allowable radius, or when the Cruise Leader (the one who started the cruise) uses the "!endcruise" command.
[CLC] M135i
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Re: Service Update - July 2012

Post by mjh93sa »

More news:

A few bugs have been noted, and most have now been fixed in the latest updates on the server.

There remain some minor issues with some of the status messages during Police chases, which I am aware of. These will be addressed in the future.
[CLC] M135i