Xbox controller problem

General talk about computers, hardware and software.

Moderator: CLC Crew

Kunkine
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: -TRR- Kunkine
LFS Name: Kunkine

Xbox controller problem

Post by Kunkine »

Hello cruiser,

I have got a problem with driving with xbox controller.

I plug my controller in the pc with USB.
The driver is correctly installed (I think...)
I open LFS, drive with mouse is ok. Now I choose controller/wheel. He detect that the controller is connected, but when I want to close the settings my pc go to my wallpaper and there stand: LFS stopped working.

Also when I open LFS with controller connected and I drive with mouse, go to wallpaper by myself, plug in controller and than go back to LFS, my LFS crash also than.

I hope that u know how I can fix this. Also I have heard something about something like a profiler as logitech, there is one for xbox controller, but I don't know..

I can tell you that I'm not very very smart with computers, but also not silly with it.

I hope to hear something. ;)

Greetings,
Kunkine

:lfs:
nckkinney
Officer
Ingame nick: nckkinney
LFS Name: nckkinney

Re: Xbox controller problem

Post by nckkinney »

It sounds like a lfs problem. Is it a wired controller or did you get a wireless controller with charge kit?... Wired controller should work... Reinstall lfs and see if that is the problem
|-----------------|
|--Nick Kinney--|
|-----------------|
Kunkine
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: -TRR- Kunkine
LFS Name: Kunkine

Post by Kunkine »

Its wired indeed..
Maybe I try that... i only have to made a backup of my scripts, skins, setups, Coureur??

Its only in :lfs: that problem, in all my other games I dont have that problem, so the driver(s) are OK i think..

Thanks for the reaction, maybe a tip how to hold all my 'own' things like scripts etc only copy, but coureurs?? :wink:
cherryflip
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: cherryflip
LFS Name: cherryflip

Post by cherryflip »

Did you try to install XBCD? I used that on win XP to make the controller work. Not sure how/if this works on win 7 though.