Server is up again - Accounts has been reversed to pre CLIS2

The City Life Crew will publish news and updates in this forum.

Moderator: CLC Crew

MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

To bad i have to write this in the first thread in this forum, execpt for the welcome part.

Anyhow, CC server is now up again and running. Although we have relaunched it with the accounts from just before CLIS2 was launched, meaning about a month old. I hope you will like it. Some of you may wonder why we did that, and therefore i must explain what have been happening behind the scenes the last couple of days.

The first of july the server went down and a couple of minutes later Franky500 discovered that all user accounts were gone. This bring'ed two issues a) What has happend and b)what do we do now.

For the a) part we realized soon that it is most probably (meaning we are not sure yet) was a malicios attack to our mainframe servers that withheld the account information. As far as we know, only userfiles have been deleted, nothing else has happend. We do not want to bring suspicion to who did this - even if there was that way it happend, all we know for sure is that userfiles was gone. We have an IP adress tracked and are investingating the thing further, and news will be given when we know more.

The b) part was a little bit more complicated. There has been a lot of discussion from our users if we did right or not to reset accounts when CLIS2 launched, and we have ofc gotten the impresion that many users now choose other servers than our with that being one of the main reasons. As Franky500 looked we only had account files from just before CLIS2 launch. We took a 5-minutes decision to not tell at that moment what happend, becuase of the nature of it. Days passed while trying to find a solution, and we got quite frustrated. First it was quite a weird thought to even use the old account files, but the alternative to start over *again* was even more weird, specially since it was a source of hot debate. After a while we got familiar with the idea of using the old account files, and finally decided to do so.

This also means there is gonna be a bit of lack of structure the first day or so, since all the group information was in the accounts files, meaning there is current lack of people in cops and admin groups. This will ofc be sorted out asap. Officers may remind Head Chief Razvan to add you to the Police group.

We hope you all will enjoy our servers, after all, we try to make you feel good when you are in it. We are still talking about long strategy goals with some changed and new features, and this have influed a bit of our strategy discussions. Once thing hasnt changed for sure and that's our focus on serving, and develop, the game as you want it. Hopefully we take same good decision in the future for you to enjoy.

CLC team, through MaxH

Edit: typos.
Last edited by MaxH on 05 Jul 2007, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
zilhaax
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: z1ilhaax
LFS Name: zilhaax8585

Post by zilhaax »

You shoula add, ACCOUNTS from CLIS1 are back now !! :lol: :lol:

PPL will love it, and IMO that was great move form CLC Team.

BIG THX from my side. :D
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

"People will love it" Right.... I got the short end of the stick on this one :lol:
65K on the short end :shock:
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

darn... no edit option :cry:
BlakjeKaas
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by BlakjeKaas »

CLC I love you!
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Post by Chesta »

Just when i thought all hope was lost and i'd be driving around in a UF1...

SHABAMN!

I think is is gonna help the server alot, i know alot of people left when the stuff they earned over the last 4 months was taken from them, and now its back! :twisted:., i would like to thank the CLC team for finnally making things right even though it wasnt really by choice :wink:

Thank You

Long Live CLC!

[OPC] Chesta
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Lloyd

Now i am rich

Post by Lloyd »

Nice to take the "old" accounts

i bought this account on ebay, now i have about 180000€, the old user must be very rich :D and i dont know why he sold it :?
DMZamora

Post by DMZamora »

I received the money back, but not the cars.

If I remember, I had UF1 XFG RB4 XFR.

When I saw the money was back, I happily buy a XFR :(

So, can I please have back my XFG, RB4 and a 55k refund for the XFR?

Thanks in advance.
Erik
Officer

Re: Now i am rich

Post by Erik »

Lloyd wrote:Nice to take the "old" accounts

i bought this account on ebay, now i have about 180000€, the old user must be very rich :D and i dont know why he sold it :?
Chrize was a very annoying kid, always begging and annoying the admins and police. So if people aren't being nice to you, you know why :wink:
Officer Erik