Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

AnyBodyKilla
Officer
Ingame nick: AnyBodyKilla
LFS Name: AnyBodyKilla

The new gold

Post by AnyBodyKilla »

i thinks its a dumb idea, (sry jj) but if u cant pit without losing gold, it makes it really hard cause everyone just wrecks u to get the gold before you.
you can get so many then u have to pit cause your car is trashed
wentz22
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [CLC] Adam W
LFS Name: wentz22

Post by wentz22 »

Maybe look into a comand of some sort so that if you want to cash in your coins you have to wait untill the pitstop is finished then type somthing like !coins to cash them in.
But then the problem ocurs of people complaining. "I have 23 coins, why cant i cash them." But then again its like that for everything, ie Bank, gold bars, lotto.

Thanks for the insight ABK

CLC- Where Simulation Meets Reality
....And Chris P Sucks His Thumb
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Its not supposed to be easy. Don't want to get coins?? .. do laps instead.. It's better income anyway.

It will be less hectic when people get sick of looking. Always first day is wrecking everywhere with any new updates.
Danielw597
Saving for GTR
Saving for GTR
Location: Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Galaxy, Univerce

Post by Danielw597 »

It's a good idea in my view.
But yeah, can get quite messy with a load of people on, expecially the 1st day.
ptzs wrote:Eagle should tow for free in Aston, he causes 99% of accidents there
CLC - Is a lot like Coronation Street, same ammount of drama.. Just a little more interactive.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

I wanted to add a quest that required you do it without pitting. Sort of like a skilled endurance test. Designed to be hard and for the most skilled.

I imagined it would be very difficult at first, I actually counted on it and programmed in many ways to adjust the degree of dificulty of the quest on the fly. After the initial novelty of it wears off, we can look at tweaking it so that it's still challenging but not impossible.
Sketchyrollin564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Sketchyrollin564 »

I think i have a solution.

Mabey we can start the gold quest with a command such as

!startgoldhunt

and then we are only allowed 1 pit for each gold hunt. After that first pit, a message appears giving you warning that the next time you pit, your gold coins will be cahsed in.

Or mabey Chris's idea, where you could have an option to cash in gold coins, and not cash in?
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

I think two people have already got the whole 50 coins. Apparenlty it took them about 2 hours. Lets see how it goes for a few more days, its still just brand new.

It involves alot of stopping and starting and getting in everyones way. I did not intend it to be the main thing to do in the CLC server. So don't be surprised if you never complete the quest, or even have the patience to do it. We have a couple people have proved it's not impossible. Blame them {: - )

==================================
Sketchyrollin564 wrote:I think i have a solution.

Mabey we can start the gold quest with a command such as

!startgoldhunt

and then we are only allowed 1 pit for each gold hunt. After that first pit, a message appears giving you warning that the next time you pit, your gold coins will be cahsed in.
I see where you comming from. The thing I really liked about the current version from the beginning, is that it is a quest that can be figured out by yourself. Complex instructions are not necessary.

For example: some one will start getting a couple coins... then eventually repair their car after completing, say... 1 lap. The coins would cash in and reset to 0 again. Hopefully at that point the player realises what is required and how the quest works. And they didn't even have to type any commands or get instructions about how many times they can pit. Well I guess there could be a message after cashing in the first time.... but I think the easiest way to implement your idea would be to just lower it to 25 coins, instead of spending days re-aranging the program to cope with indefinate number of pitstops. But it was a good idea, granted. It's just that ideas are time consuming to convert into a program.

Don't take offence :-) I'd just rather spend time creating other things to do in CLC when all it would take is reduce the number of coins required to 25 to get a similar effect. Will we reduce it to 25? don't know yet. It's still up in the air. For instance, we do not yet know how easy it is to complete in an empty server.
Last edited by JasonJ on 30 Oct 2007, 00:33, edited 2 times in total.
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

id rather keep it at 50 but make the bonus higher ^^
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Yes same, for the time being.

Here is some insights.
Driving 2.2 hours in a uf1: (Gold Coins Quest is about 2.2 hours)

132 mins = ~33laps = 217 km

Money made Driving:
33 laps x~200e per lap = 6600 from driving

Bonuses for 217 km:
Total Bonuses ~ 6000

Total Made Driving (fast) 12,600e
Total Made From Gold Hunt ~3000 + driving 2 hours slow earnings (not much)