Poll: What view do you use?

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

What view do you normally use when cruising and/or racing?

Incar view
60%
Custom view (with or without tyres)
26%
Chase view
14%
TV-view
No votes

Total votes: 42

Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

Re: Poll: What view do you use?

Post by Dark Force »

I love in car view, all i use. I completly suck in chase view or any custom view. Accually i do recall being able to use a custom hood view on CTRA along time ago, but shortly i went to in car view.
:lfs:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

it wont let me vote???

Chase View +1

Fixed to forward axis = NO << this is most important thing.
Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by Dark Force »

What????? i guess the forum hates you JJ :lol: lol jk
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

No selection radio buttons at all :((
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

me cant vote either :(, +1 to chase veiw, but sometimes use incar veiw if i am more cruising, i suck at trying to fully race in incar veiw lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

um i see why i cant vote now !

This thread was bumped by Dark Force from and old thread 6 months ago. His post appeared at the top of the second page so I just assumed he made it this week since i didnt look closer at the [1] & [2] page links. I didnt realise this was an old poll i already have voted in. So excuse my stupidty. I even forgot I posted comments in the first page. Gosh - I need sleep I think. Or really dumb of me to read this so wrong.

Maybe you voted alread Sean as welll.. check the first page of the poll thread.
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

I vote for stripping GTR cars from people that bump really old threads. Anyone with me?
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

MaxH wrote:I vote for stripping GTR cars from people that bump really old threads. Anyone with me?
Im certainly not with u

Me and JJ are both as dumb as eachother lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

SEAN-NZ wrote:
MaxH wrote:I vote for stripping GTR cars from people that bump really old threads. Anyone with me?
Im certainly not with u
same...i would have no cars left :\
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

i would lose 255k in wealth lol, then i wont have 300k wealth anymore :(
Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

Post by Blackbird »

In car view of course ^^
I'm suprised that people use another view than incar.
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

im not surprised, i like incar veiw, but im not used to it, and crash more often using it :(
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Blackbird wrote:In car view of course ^^
I'm suprised that people use another view than incar.
Not an arument - just saying my personal thoughts about it so no one take offense or think I am trying to say that I am more right than anyone else.

I realise that in car is the most realistic view. But I find the in car view very claustrophobic and with no real peripherial area and a flat screen, so to me, it's quite "un-realistic" anyway.

If I had a curved 1 meter screen or projector and set 160 degrees FOV and Track-IR and a nice wheel, then yes, I would use in car.
Until then I have much more fun in chase view, with "lock to forward axis" set at off. I tend to treat LFS as a 'really hard video game' rather than my own fully fledged simulator. However I'm sure it would be ace as a sim, I just haven't gone all the way with setting up the required hardware to simulate a car cockpit.

Something I have always thought about is using two or more monitors. I see its possible, but also I see it has big lines down each monitor for the edges of the LCD. Why does no-one who sets up multiple monitors, take the LCD out of the case and either make a new case or cut the edges out of the joining edge's plastic? This would be easy to do and would require no more than a hacksaw blade @ $1.00. And if you dont want to hacksaw your monitor case, then fitting them into another frame is quite possible with some simple building. You see theose hard core sim racers that make a dedicated cockpit, then have three normal LCD monitors just bought especially for this cockpit and stupid lines between each monitor. So easy to fix that and essentially make your own massive-wide x3 LCD that looks almost like one complete LCD panel. Why they don't do this is beyond me. They are happy to take up half their living room, spend 1000's on a dedicated PC and customise their G25 cutting things to fit a cockpit seat and forget to do anything with the monitors. :arrow:
Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by Dark Force »

Yeah JJ very vailid points there! That would save my massive shortage of buttons on my wheel and it would only require a quick glance with your eyes, and you could even focus slight attention on differnt directions at once, seeing as the entire screen dosent chage directions like a single monitor. If you were to paten somthing like that, and build it, i would buy it in 2 seconds, not even kidding.
If you do happen to build this thing, post some pics :D

I still like in car view BTW :lol:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

You CAN already buy it...

but i cant remember what its called. It's just 3 LCDS stuck edge to edge with no case separating them.

Something like this..
http://gadgets.boingboing.net/gimages/a ... izmodo.jpg