Patch X30 Is Here!! :)

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

MINIz guy wrote:Is CLC going to be on X30 anytime soon?
I'd say no, we dont run testpatches.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG
Ingame nick: [OPC] Kstorm!
LFS Name: Kstorm43

Post by Kstorm43 »

Ugh. I use a controller, and I'm really not liking the clutch thing. I can't go a lap without screwing it up.
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

I use a controller, I love the new cluch.

However, I've always have a manual clutch.
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Post by Chesta »

Bobomoomin wrote:I use a controller, I love the new cluch.

However, I've always have a manual clutch.
Thats just cause your hardxcore :wink:
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

I think you can now look 45"degrees sideways and 45"degrees backwards and 90" each direction. So there is like 4 new views. I read somewhere that combinations are used to look around. I haven't tried it. But I doubt Scawen has removed looking backwards. THere is just some weird new way to do it. Keep trying.

edit: I've read the test patch thread and it seems you can't look back. OMG. Only in single seaters. Sheesh. But I can't be sure, I'm at work, so can't test it. But this looks bad.

We wont adding the test patch for one reason because not everyone is using the test patch so they can't join a test patch server. We will put the new patch on the main server when its official to LFS.

I don't know what everyone is complaining about the clutch. From what I can figure out is that G25/clutch pedel users are actually MORE disadvantaged. I use a quick lift of the throttle and I can change gears instantly. If you have a pedel clutch/wheel this procedure takes longer: to depress the clutch pedel, lift the thottle and then change gears and re-engage the accelerator. Pedels have to travel 10cms, my contoller accelerator has to travel 0.5mm. Which seems faster?
Last edited by JasonJ on 11 Dec 2007, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.
manijack
Using !pitlane
Using !pitlane
Ingame nick: BDT®Maniac
LFS Name: Manijack

Post by manijack »

JasonJ wrote: Which seems faster?
Depends on the footwork :wink: :lol:
ANTEC Three Hundred | ASUS P5Q PRO | CORSAIR 650W Powersupply | ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB | INTEL Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz | Corsair 4096MB DDR2 | Logitech MX-518 | Logitech G15 | BenQ G2220HD | Logitech G27 | Logitech X-540 5.1 surround | Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
TLMotorsport
First corner-smasher
First corner-smasher

Post by TLMotorsport »

clutches are for people who have mechanical sympathy, just bang those gears into place without worrying :lol:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

MaxH wrote:..........
Some1 that know the reason not to be able to look backwards in GTR's and singleseaters? Thats gonna make cops a living hell....
I saw your post in LFS forumsMaxH. I noticed you said you can't look back in 3rd person view. (Chase view)

If you want to do that I solved that issue using "V" and "Shift-V" mapped to my controller. Let me know if you need help mapping buttons like Shift-V in LFS if you dont have a profiler tool.

Look backwards in Chase view:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php? ... post482328
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

So we cant actually race in CLC if we have the new patch
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

i don't think so, you'll need a new install to use it as far as i know :(
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

Chesta wrote:BOOOO

i hate this patch!!! its CLEARLY geared towards G25 owners.
yeh lol.
i got G25 so im fine :lol:
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

I really love this new patch, only think I'm dissapointed abou is the lack of a look back feature by default.

I'm sure I'll get used to it though :)
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

The new patch really was a let down for me...

Due to upgraded visuals, I've lost about 20-30 fps, offline, with 4 AI's...Make's LFS almost unplayable, as I only had 30-40 fps in X10...

Clutch heat is just pointless IMO, a XFG will not have a fryed clutch after 30 secs...

Stalling doesn't really work effectively, the only car that it might have worked on is the FXR, but now that's sequential. Only time it works is during a crash...

LFS has many many problems with my G25, the major one being I have to re-assign every button and axis each time I start LFS...

New car is just the same as the FO8, which I never use anyway...

New AI are blithering idiots, they seem to be driving blindfolded...

FXR and XRR now have sequential boxes, but I (and lots of other people) much prefered H-shifters...

All my sets and colour schemes have to be re-named (not major, but still, what was wrong with the old system)...

In single player, damage is not repaired in pit stops...

Pitstops do not give you inflated tyres (which is stupid, IRL pit crews hardly have flat tyres in the stalls)

Most of all...NO CLC ON X30 :cry:...

That's just my input anyway...
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

ok, thats decided it for me, im not getting the patch unless i can use it and play CLC lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

was on jjs test server today, works really well in my oppinion, love the stalling / clutch .. takes some skill to keep it cool but you get the hang of it after a bit, and i personaly think the ai on "pro" setting are a hell of alot better than before, they are still being tweeked apparently, and i love the way some servers are for ai racing only, shows who has best set lol the new car is... ok bot not amazing, overall i like it alot, big impovement :D
[OPC] Miles!