Vista; For Good Or For Bad?

General talk about computers, hardware and software.

Moderator: CLC Crew

Vista: Good Or Bad?

Yes
37%
No
8%
Stick With XP
47%
Depend on What Type Of Vista
8%

Total votes: 38

Odhismharr
Ingame nick: Odhismharr
LFS Name: Odhismharr

Re: Vista; For Good Or For Bad?

Post by Odhismharr »

its says using %60 of my ram and cpu :shock: damn :? i really need to fix that :roll:

Edit : btw im using the 64 bit one
Last edited by Odhismharr on 13 Jun 2008, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
It's Good To Be Bad

Non Nobis Domine , Non Nobis ...
Sed Nomini Tuo Da Gloriam ...
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

i use 32 bit (64 is pointless and most games dont work properly on it) , and i agree it isnt a particurly slow boot up for me, i dont time it or anything but its no more than 1 min :) until i can launch programs
[OPC] Miles!
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

Oooh my type of thread.

Ok, I not only buy and sell hardware/software for a living, I also review and report news on hardware software. I am a MEGA 'geek' and I have had tonnes of experience with pretty much all of the versions of Vista.

Here is the low down. As a piece of software, Taking into account compatibility, stability, Usefullness, All that stuff and NOT performance (I'll get to that in a minute) Vista is very good. It's not as big of an upgrade as it was going to XP.. However it is better. It doesn't crash nearly as much as XP ever did, Even after the mountain of patches.. When it does crash, It has ALWAYS recovered.

Sure, When it first launched it had alot of problems.. but don't think it's the same now, It's miles better than XP.

Performance, Well.. Yes it takes alot to run.. However, It doesn't take a higher % of resources on today's systems than XP did in it's days average system.

If you have the system to handle it, Vista is superb. If you are still running a packard bell from '02 .. Don't bother. Your going to need 2Gb of RAM and a Dual-Core processor.

As for 32/64-Bit. 64-Bit is the future, I run 64-Bit Ultimate personally and I have absolutely no problems. Nothing major is incompatible (LFStrobe damnit..).
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

Orsenfelt wrote:Oooh my type of thread.

Ok, I not only buy and sell hardware/software for a living, I also review and report news on hardware software. I am a MEGA 'geek' and I have had tonnes of experience with pretty much all of the versions of Vista.
Can u sell me a quad core cpu for around 0 dollars? hehe

i dont have any problems with xp, its over a month between each times that it crashes, even when i had 1.25ghz cpu and 1gb of ram it started up real quick and i do believe it did have viruses and trogens and stuff, but it never slowed down, it run most games fine.
so i do think XP is great, i have had very little problems with it
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Yeah vista used to crash all the time for me, until Nividia released some new graphics drivers, since then Vista is smooth sailing. :D
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
brataccas3
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: brataccas
LFS Name: brataccas

Post by brataccas3 »

I voted stick with XP cos its too resource hungry :(
faens morsomt :jawdrop: