Its official, CLIS 2.3 is out!!

The City Life Crew will publish news and updates in this forum.

Moderator: CLC Crew

skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

jabb wrote:The tollbooth at high speed section curves is really horrible. Make it out of solid barriers or leave the place open.
Also the barriers all around between lanes make it only harder - I have problems with staying on the road cause I don't want to hit barrier and I keep going on the grass. It would be safer if barriers were grouped only in places where they are necessary.
And do something about hairpins - the inner lane should be wider cause it's hard to turn there with low steering lock setups (it may not be important for wheel users but for gamepad users it might be tricky).

I still like Caribbean Cruise more cause it's sunny there and feels warmer.

I don't seem to have any problem with that one. I just go blazing into that corner (Entering at 240+), hit a dab of brakes, downshift from 6th to 4th, nail the throttle, take my aim and blast through it at about 200.
The only one I have a problem with is when you are going the correct way and you are on that long corner coming up to the bank and it becomes very east to hit a bump and go flying off (track was not designed for you to take an outside line there.

When I hit the brakes coming up to the hairpin, the car gets quite squirly and the back end swings around a little, then I correct, pop the e-brake if going too fast and fly around the hairpin making a twin S shaped markings on the pavement on exit. That is so much fun going through there when I don't fly off.

That Aston Cruise server is so fun. I will be happy when it goes back up.
jabb

Post by jabb »

I don't feel safe on Aston. So many R's cutting every possible corner just to say 'pb! pb!'. Geeez! I thought it's a cruising server - not hotlap server.

Caribbean Empty Cruise by CLC ftw!.
VTiRoj
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: VTiRoj / 1.4iSRoj
LFS Name: VTiRoj

Post by VTiRoj »

jabb wrote: Caribbean Empty Cruise by CLC ftw!.
I call it Peaceful Cruise by CLC :lol:

Nice roads Jason, but I'm not replacing my super hi-res ones yet :P
My XFG is annoying and I hate it. I drive my FXR at twice the speed and yet I don't crash it anywhere near as much as my XFG. ¬_¬

In Garage: FXR, FZ5, RB4, XFG, XRG
Next To Buy: XRT
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

Nice roads Jason, but I'm not replacing my super hi-res ones yet :P[/quote]

Heh, send them to me and I will edit your super hi-res ones so you can have the lanes AND the res. :twisted:
VTiRoj
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: VTiRoj / 1.4iSRoj
LFS Name: VTiRoj

Post by VTiRoj »

skstibi wrote:Nice roads Jason, but I'm not replacing my super hi-res ones yet :P

Heh, send them to me and I will edit your super hi-res ones so you can have the lanes AND the res. :twisted:
Just give me the lanes, none of that pavement kerbing stuff, who really walks when theres GTR's doing 150 nearby? :P

Pimp my res!
My XFG is annoying and I hate it. I drive my FXR at twice the speed and yet I don't crash it anywhere near as much as my XFG. ¬_¬

In Garage: FXR, FZ5, RB4, XFG, XRG
Next To Buy: XRT
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

FYI : 56 Downloads so far. You can choose to have the lines and not the curbs. just install the particular files you want. The layout is perfectly matched to the positioning of the lines. And we are improving the layout to match it day by day. I made the sidewalks because I felt Race curbs on a CityLife Styled course looked kinda, you know, not right. Personally I'm loving the whole experience. To me now the only reminder it is actually a race-track is the giant tyre walls around some of the course edges.
skstibi wrote:Heh, send them to me and I will edit your super hi-res ones so you can have the lanes AND the res. :twisted:
Ok, I'll send the psd's for them to you so you can pull out the lanes and dump them on your high res roads.

I did low res at first because some people would have FPS issues going up to high res. So I sort out the masses first and do some good high res ones later on.

Which high res road do you use Skstibi? Perhapse I can do it for you quickly. I've got the latest 117MB pack Volume 1 from Electrik Kar. If your using those to I should ask his permission before editing them and publishing them.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

(on topic) BTW: I have fully reworked the Police Station Intersection giving more room for travelling the correct way and also the Bank Round-a-bout is now,... wait for it..... actually round !!!

It was getting really difficult typing pentaganon-a-bout.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Keep right :D