Low quality

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

Seth
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Re: Low quality

Post by Seth »

Don't get me wrong. CLC is a superb server, the insim is perfect, and all the time spent by you guys... well, no money can pay that, bless you all.
I don't want half-empty servers, i want traffic, that brings joy to cruising. And of course, accidents DO happen, and i am fully aware of the growing community of cruise servers and newcomers to the game. All CLC members did a good job getting the server to where it stands.

But.. what i mean is, i sense an awkward feeling of "superiority", or eliteness, that i can't really understand nor explain. I feel the overall respect among eachother is being lost, there's no courtesy, no "gentlemanship", and that's why i say the quality of the server is being outrun.

Perhaps some should see others as real people behind a monitor trying to have fun, instead of acting "superior" or flaming around. :roll:

It's a cruise server. "Drive like you would in real life". Play like you're playing with real people, because they are real. And if those players start to feel less joy, less fun while playing, the number of guests will decrease, and the server will lose it's status.

We're all here just to get some amusement and fun. Let's try to remember that while on track.
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

First of all i wish to say the insim is really great now. The view to some some things on CLC may be different,

we all have our very own personality. :) Speaking about less officers on duty, well let's see: I am a new officer

and like to be on duty.After some days in my new job track is changed to FE, ok i said to myself,

you will get used to it - You know it from former cruising days. But what happened then ???

Track changed once more to a brandnew layout on a location I really not knew to that day.

So, what is the result of that ? I for myself decided not to go on duty until february, broke with that after

a couple of days but still not like or know the track good enough. To go on duty I have a look to get

a 2. officer on duty with me, best 1 or 2 cadets too. BTW i see a lot of people cutting really hard

between barriers causing some trouble situations. As soon as we got a new layout you will see

this message in chat: "ON PB LAP GET OUT OF WAY" , i hate that and will never take care for some like

that.Just my few words about that, cu on track P V L
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

Seth wrote:But.. what i mean is, i sense an awkward feeling of "superiority", or eliteness, that i can't really understand nor explain. I feel the overall respect among eachother is being lost, there's no courtesy, no "gentlemanship", and that's why i say the quality of the server is being outrun.

Perhaps some should see others as real people behind a monitor trying to have fun, instead of acting "superior" or flaming around. :roll:
Well, i dont see this, even if I do know what u mean. But ofc, having a CLC tag may be a ticket for special treatment too (some of the admins have a way around this though).

However, you are ALL captain of this boat, and having a good attitude is almost certaing a ticket for the next guy to have a nice attitude to, this spreads. Its the only thing i can say actually. Again, i hope you find your way back, spreading joy in the server :) i know i will :)
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

I think the server and its insim is the best its ever been, and the poeple are pretty good too :P

The way I see it, the admins are doing all they can to make the experience better, but some things are out of their control...

As for the officer thingy, I find it really annoying when there are actually officers on (maybe the recent track switch was the problem for lack of officers), but they won't take cadets, especially regular cadets. Cadeting is probably one of the most fun things to do in CLC (for me anyway), but it can be frustrating when an officer won't take cadets.

Often there are 3, maybe 4 officer on civilian...maybe they've been officer earlier that day before I joined, but it's rare to see officers on...maybe more officers should be recruited to allow for this?
Image Image Image Image
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

dougie-lampkin wrote:Often there are 3, maybe 4 officer on civilian...maybe they've been officer earlier that day before I joined, but it's rare to see officers on...maybe more officers should be recruited to allow for this?
Has already been done, so thats not whats wrong. As i said in prev post, the officers have to just ask the other(s) to go on duty. Hopefully its a trend that can be change, however, users asking/whining the whole time is NOT helping at all.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Probably the reason why officers aren't taking cadets so readily right now is because they are having difficulty coping with the new track as well. It's not like you just say yes, "you can be a cadet" and that's it. The officer is responsible for the cadet they take on. If the officer is trying to learn a new track, its going to be hard for them to monitor a cadet at the same time as learn a new track. You'll find some of the officers are doing fast laps to learn the track themselves so are off duty to learn. Give it some time, they will catch up and soon have more confidence and go on duty more often.

I'm having a few days off coding, but will be revamping the bank system to allow officers to patrol in all cars without the fear of loosing the bank all the time to some GTR. So hopefully this will encourge officers to go on duty a bit more as well.
manijack
Using !pitlane
Using !pitlane
Ingame nick: BDT®Maniac
LFS Name: Manijack

Post by manijack »

MilitantPotato wrote:We're banning and kicking as many idiots as we can.
Please report any newbies you see and they won't be back for a good long while.

As for the things to do: Jason has 6 weeks of coding lined up, all of which are quests/things to do.
Wont be ground breaking, that comes later. :)

Why not make an own post to report "any newbies you see" ?
ANTEC Three Hundred | ASUS P5Q PRO | CORSAIR 650W Powersupply | ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB | INTEL Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz | Corsair 4096MB DDR2 | Logitech MX-518 | Logitech G15 | BenQ G2220HD | Logitech G27 | Logitech X-540 5.1 surround | Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

why not make a thread for n00bs?
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]