Low quality

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

Seth
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Low quality

Post by Seth »

It's sad to see that CLC is losing their quality. I came here a couple os months ago, and i really enjoyed the quality of the admins/officers/cadets/drivers that i found on the server everyday.

Sad to see that those days are over. I really hope CLC Administration can do anything to bring back the days of glory that i've witnessed.

I simply don't feel that will to join CLC cruise server, because i already know it will either suck or be boring. I no longer see the.. "gentlemanship" i was used to see, i no longer see fun chases, fun meetings... And i can't understand why.

Here's my sad testimonial, and in a certain way, my farewell to CLC.

Cheers.
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Re: Low quality

Post by dougie-lampkin »

I think it's sad the amount of people being reported and banned lately...CLC was always known as the "mature server", almost exclusively made up of genuinely nice people, but sadly more and more immature people are joining the server...

I also haven't seen an Officer/Cadet in about a week, but that's really just the times I'm on the server...
Image Image Image Image
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Post by Chesta »

I think someone needs to open their eyes :) because as i see it these are the glory days. CLIS hasnt been better, the people are fairly good, exception to the odd noob who comes in and adventually gets themself banned.
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

Chesta wrote:I think someone needs to open their eyes :) because as i see it these are the glory days. CLIS hasnt been better, the people are fairly good, exception to the odd noob who comes in and adventually gets themself banned.
Yes, the overall quality of the server is excellent, but CLC has lost some of it's appeal, the "everyone-knows-everyone" factor, which is probably just because the server has had a lot more players lately. That was the thing that made me stick with CLC, everyone was really friendly...ah well, I'm not complaining, just thinking of the old CLC...
Image Image Image Image
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

The part where Everyone has a GTR and has nothing to work for is one problem.
I want to go officer but can't. The second I turn officer, a GTR is IN the bank and no help until chase is over. Then I am just going around Pulling people over. They complain about a fine, try to fight it, keep fighting, try to leave, Then I just wish I could kick the person. :mrgreen:
Meanwhile I am getting rammed by every other car that passes by me wanting a chase but I am trying to explain to the guy who is whining what he did and why it is wrong.
Want to mess with me? Go for it.. See what happens.. Just don't complain about what happens.
MilitantPotato
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by MilitantPotato »

We're banning and kicking as many idiots as we can.
Please report any newbies you see and they won't be back for a good long while.

As for the things to do: Jason has 6 weeks of coding lined up, all of which are quests/things to do.
Wont be ground breaking, that comes later. :)
Chesta
Sergeant

Post by Chesta »

lol sean as far as you not having help for chases etc is probly because of the lack of active officers lately :)
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

i agree with chesta there arn't as many officers on duty as used to be :(
[OPC] Miles!
doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

Seth wrote:I simply don't feel that will to join CLC cruise server, because i already know it will either suck or be boring. I no longer see the.. "gentlemanship" i was used to see, i no longer see fun chases, fun meetings... And i can't understand why.
I do understand your frustration to a certain degree, although I don't really share it. CLC can't be blamed for a lack of gentlemanship or mature players. As a matter of fact, systems and games with improving quality get better known over time and naturally attract players who might not be welcomed by the old school guys. It's always been like that. Look at the most successful online game to date (World of Warcraft) and marvel about the percentage of scum occupying the world. It's high. Looking at LTC, who do have a nice cruising system as well but more idiots driving on their servers, CLC is still way better off.

As for the lack of officers, dougie, I'm one of them, and I do like to cruise as a civilian so I won't be on duty all of the time. And I share some of the frustration Sean feels while being officer, because it's hard work and sometimes you have the impression it's all for nothing. Mostly because everyone has enough money to be fined again and again and they just won't stop breaking the law every lap they do. Officers don't have the same impact they had in the early days. And except for chasing down bank robbers their use has become rather limited.
Seth
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by Seth »

Chesta wrote:I think someone needs to open their eyes :)
I just wonder what's that supposed to mean... :roll:

Or maybe, just maybe, that kind of attitude is precisely the problem... :roll:
Chesta
Sergeant

Post by Chesta »

maybe,just maybe you. Not looking at the whole picture. Think about that
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

whoa, this came out of the clear sky for me. Long post, this really hurt my feelings :oops: However, this is the way i see it.

As the last two post before this one very clearly points it out, there are two side of this coin. One that sees the big picture, and the other that also sees the big picture, however, they dont see the same image even if they are looking at the same picture. Two sides, and there are a bunch of noobs admins deciding which face of the coin that should show. Or actually there are a lot of more faces to that coin.

However, generally i do think that quality is better than ever, counting CLIS functionality, tracks layout, cop/bankrob/suspect system and a lot more. This made us getting a lot of new visitors lately which im thrilled about, but newcomers also doesnt always know the rules or is just out to wreck. we are constantly working on new ideas to implement but we never forget to tweak the old ones.

This summer CLC was a disaster. We had a little amount of visitors, no fresh ideas implemented for 4-5 months and in reality no attraction at all. I was having a vacation in spain but had a hard time thinking of CLC actually. No officer wanted to be online because of a faulty bank robbery system. etc etc etc. Today we have progress on new ideas aswell as actively tweaking old ones to fit the different track but also to fit our visistors behaviour. It is not a easy task (hence the noob admins) but we try. On top of that we got a lot of newcomers now that dont know how to behave. Do us, and yourself a favour, and show them and tell them how things works, where bank is, that we try and help each other when tipped over, etc. The admins cant do all the work, but we try. Crashes do happen. Say sorry, even if it isnt your intention or even your fault. Its better to smile once to much than shout, yell and be angry.
Seth wrote:It's sad to see that CLC is losing their quality. I came here a couple os months ago, and i really enjoyed the quality of the admins/officers/cadets/drivers that i found on the server everyday.

Sad to see that those days are over. I really hope CLC Administration can do anything to bring back the days of glory that i've witnessed.

I simply don't feel that will to join CLC cruise server, because i already know it will either suck or be boring. I no longer see the.. "gentlemanship" i was used to see, i no longer see fun chases, fun meetings... And i can't understand why.
Seth, to me its astonishing that you want that time back when there were 5-15 ppl online and no action on the server. Im in no way saying that quantity is better than quality (or we would be 'bigger' than LTC), but if you want a semi-empty server you got the wrong place. Traffic includes other cars.

We're not after quantity (or we would do populistic implements instead of the good ideas), im saying that when speaking about the in game quality, thats is something i know for sure that we have now. TODAY WE ARE THE BEST THERE IS, i have no doubt about that. I hope you find your way back cuz even if i like it, this wont neither last for ever. :(
dougie-lampkin wrote:Yes, the overall quality of the server is excellent, but CLC has lost some of it's appeal, the "everyone-knows-everyone" factor, which is probably just because the server has had a lot more players lately. That was the thing that made me stick with CLC, everyone was really friendly...ah well, I'm not complaining, just thinking of the old CLC...
I really know what u mean. However, everything changes, wheter we like it or not... and i really mean it, even if we wouldnt do anything from last summer, things would have changed somehow. As i see it now, we got a lot of new people to know instead, and is that lovely or what? :)
skstibi wrote:The part where Everyone has a GTR and has nothing to work for is one problem.
I want to go officer but can't. The second I turn officer, a GTR is IN the bank and no help until chase is over. Then I am just going around Pulling people over. They complain about a fine, try to fight it, keep fighting, try to leave, Then I just wish I could kick the person. :mrgreen:
Meanwhile I am getting rammed by every other car that passes by me wanting a chase but I am trying to explain to the guy who is whining what he did and why it is wrong.
This is a problem we had for ages, and this is the reason we (yet) have officer offline to much. There is a simple solution though, when you are 2+ cops, go online, get a cadet. Just ask and prob you have officers just waiting for some1 to ask the first question. Okay, maybe they will get away with a bank robbery... maybe they deserve it, maybe not. and tell the attention wh0res to not be attention wh0res cuz you wont chase them.

However, when speaking of the bank and GTR's, its being worked on for a change, and i think you'all will like it. No more info about that now though :(
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber

Post by Miles »

Well said :D , :O sounds like theres another CLIS update on the way :P i look forward to it :)
[OPC] Miles!
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

Miles wrote:Well said :D , :O sounds like theres another CLIS update on the way :P i look forward to it :)
sorry to give you that impression... its about six weeks away - we work with ideas the whole time though :)
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber

Post by Miles »

six weeks is nothing :P itl soon come around :) still look forward to it :D
[OPC] Miles!