ATTENTION ALL LOTTO CHEATERS!!!

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

MilitantPotato
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

ATTENTION ALL LOTTO CHEATERS!!!

Post by MilitantPotato »

I've been noticing a trend lately that I'm not too happy about.

People keep reconnecting for lotto, like the old days, for the hopes of making just that little extra and maybe a jackpot.

So here's the deal.

A nice cash reward for anyone who can prove someone is cheating the lotto.
Lengthy ban and/or account reset for anyone caught.

For this reward to happen two things must be done.
1.) The person must be warned first.
2.) Proof of them cheating, and proof of at least 2 tickets, after being warned, being cashed in.

If this doesn't curl the lotto abuse, lotto will either be removed, or made pretty useless. So keep lotto fun and lets get rid of these lame people abusing the lotto.

Post Screen shots here. The time MUST be shown on the screen shot as well as a recent !s being shown aswell.
MilitantPotato
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Re: ATTENTION ALL LOTTO CHEATERS!!!

Post by MilitantPotato »

First user punished: SuperSer (yiv) 30,000E removed from his account.
Congrats :roll:
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Ok I just want to add I think its great your cracking down on lotto cheaters. Also I just want to add make sure if you report someone it isn't becuase they disconnected from the server becuase they drove out of bounds or timed out. I assume if you drove into a restricted area losing 1200 you would be allowed to get another becuase well I don't think people would intentional lose money for a slight chance they would get more ha ha. Lotto cheater we are watching you so beware :twisted:
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

i tort you were aloud to have more than 1. it is to make up for the 100 pitting fine isent it?
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

He's talking about disconnecting and reconnecting over and over again, time after time after time, for no reason other than to get a lottery.

Once you crash out of bounds. We'll get one yes when you come back. That's ok, cause like Shakenbake said, you've just lost 1200, it's not like your crashing out just to get a lottery again.

The problem is people continuosly disconnecting to get a lottery over and over again. The system has been left open, so that people who crash out can get another ticket easily. People who just exploit this will ruin for those that do the right thing.

We've had to lower the lottery amount several times, due to cheats.
I've had to lower the chance of a jackpot, due to cheats.
Lets not continue on this path to no fun.

About the "pitting fine" (its not really a fine but a fee)
ALOT of work went into making the system interesting by charging repair fees. This is to ENCOURAGE people to drive safe, not get all banged up and needing long repairs every single lap. People have thought we make charges for repairing because we are greedy or evil or something bizaar. It's to make the system more realistic, not so we can laugh at people paying fees.

When people decide they "don't want to pay the repair fees", they decide to just "pit" and get a free repair. Because some players can't be trusted to use the repair/payment system, this is why there is a 100e fee for leaving the track. The 100e fee is to ENCOURAGE people to use pay for reapair system. Alot of people use the repair system and don't actually mind the 20 or so euros it costs every now and again. It gives a sense of meaning to the care they have taken of their car during the course of their cruising.

Now you might ask, "why not charge for my exact repairs when I shift-P"? Well, inSim cannot detect how much damage your car has when you press shift-P. LFS is a race game, when you shift-P, you are essentially ending your "RACE" , the repair of your car is irrelevant so the LFS DEVS haven't put anything in inSim to detect damage when you shift-P. We put in a fee of 100 which is about the most you would pay for a really smashed up car. This amount could be made less, but some people would then exploit that fact when their car is badly smashed up and shift-P to escape a higher pits repair fee in the markers.

Sooooo, if you to go into pit screen alot, don't just disconnect all time to get another lottery. When you do that you are just undermining the logic and thought put into the car repair system, because when you reconnect and come back you have essentially repaired your car FOR FREE because you can go and get another lottery to cover the 100e.

Hope this clears up the concept.

I am working on a way to solve these issues, but there are so many other things to fix as well.
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

i had the impression that reconnecting was being costly enought not to earn anything on lotto (meaning, lotto cover the pitting/spectate expences)? Was i wrong about that?

edit: it cost 100€ to spectate from garage, lets say u get 250€ from lottery.. that means u get after the spectate get aprox 150€. A uf1 cost 2500 to buy, 2500/150=16,66 times that you have to reconnect and get a lottery ticket just to buy another the slowest car. Gee. A rb4 costs 15500 and this makes it that you have to reconnect aprox 100 times to get that amount of money. Omg.... Really, stop spamming, as jason said, this path isnt of fun.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

MaxH wrote:i had the impression that reconnecting was being costly enought not to earn anything on lotto (meaning, lotto cover the pitting/spectate expences)? Was i wrong about that?

edit: it cost 100€ to spectate from garage, lets say u get 250€ from lottery.. that means u get after the spectate get aprox 150€. A uf1 cost 2500 to buy, 2500/150=16,66 times that you have to reconnect and get a lottery ticket just to buy another the slowest car. Gee. A rb4 costs 15500 and this makes it that you have to reconnect aprox 100 times to get that amount of money. Omg.... Really, stop spamming, as jason said, this path isnt of fun.
Well at that rate yes however once in awhile you get that *****JACK POT ****** which is usally why these cheaters do it, That is the best feature of the lotto so I really hope this stops people from exploiting the system. I mean when we had the spectate cost at 200 people complained because it was to high however I think they would solve th issue of exploiting lotto if cheating continues. So come on every if someone is cheating we needto report them to keep are taxes, Just like real life shop lifting and such increases products for all other consumers here is your chance to stop something simular online :wink:

Eaglezor
Sergeant

Post by Eaglezor »

ahhhh...see what u mean...abit like that chris guy then :\
Image[/url]
manijack
Using !pitlane
Using !pitlane
Ingame nick: BDT®Maniac
LFS Name: Manijack

Post by manijack »

why not just make it so you can just lotto once per hour or something like that ?
ANTEC Three Hundred | ASUS P5Q PRO | CORSAIR 650W Powersupply | ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB | INTEL Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz | Corsair 4096MB DDR2 | Logitech MX-518 | Logitech G15 | BenQ G2220HD | Logitech G27 | Logitech X-540 5.1 surround | Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Eaglezor
Sergeant

Post by Eaglezor »

not a bad idea :D but up to jj
Image[/url]
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

I think there should be code that remembers who got a lotto in the last hour or whatever, and if they do it more than twice, they get a warning message, and if they do it again, they get banned. But it would have to recognise when someone gets a lotto after being spectated...
Image Image Image Image
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

Or just take the easy way out: No more jackpot and its done. 8) I cannot see any reason for JJ to spend his time on things like that. When people act like they do they will get what they deserve. :P
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

manijack wrote:why not just make it so you can just lotto once per hour or something like that ?
This is already in the to do list, but other things have more priority atm.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

manijack wrote:why not just make it so you can just lotto once per hour or something like that ?
Although that is a good idea the problem with that as well. Lets say joe X is playing and after 10 minutes Joe X computer opensa his virus scanner Joe X can't turn and crashed into a marshall. Joe X comes back and at least can get a lotto now Joe X can't. I do think doing it every hour would solve the problem however its just a shame that it is a problem to begin with. If more people were honest and didn't try t oexploit everything we wouldn't neethis conversation and in the end it will only end up punishing Joe X. (In the end meaning when lotto becomes once per hour.)

dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

Do we know this Joe X?
Image Image Image Image