Keep losing connection...

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Re: Keep losing connection...

Post by passme[bum] »

well i would suggest you check your fair useage policy as all isps now have them. some like virgin have some weird slow down clauses on peak periods, also find out what your download limit is, and if you get customer sevices phone you to see if your happy blast into them threatening to switch isps usually does the trick im with orange and they recently slowed my upload from 390kbs to 240kbs so i blasted into them with some colourful language and now i get 490kbs lol you may want to find various tests speed tests and packet loss tests so you sound like you know what your talking about even if you dont lol
hope this helps
pass me
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

Yea, I checked the fair usage policy, it says that if I am a heavy downloader, I will first be contacted by email, being warned that if I keep it up, my speed will be sliced. I probably am a heavy downloader (est. 30 - 40GB a month), but they haven't contacted me...so I presume they are breaking their own contract on that one?

I have records of lots of speed tests, taken in the very early hours (2-6AM), where my download speed is as low as 100kbps, even though we signed up to a 3mbps connection :shock: In the very beginning, we were getting 2.5 - 2.9mbps, slowly but surely they slowed us down...

I can't actually change ISP, it's my parent's line, and they won't change...But I will say that I'll change :P

Thanks for that Pass Me, I'll get onto 'em very soon...

[OT] They also blew a hole the size of a car in our wall when they were installing the broadband...They had to drill through the wall to bring the cable down from the roof (It's wireless, but the mast is like 100 yards away), and they drilled through the live feed to the house...The speed box thingy for the electricity then blew up, blowing a gaping hole in the wall...the installer (I won't mention his nationality, but he wasn't Irish :P ) then proceeded to change drill bit...[/OT]
Image Image Image Image
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

thats just plain stupid of the person
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD