Lost accounts: 2 February - 18 February

The City Life Crew will publish news and updates in this forum.

Moderator: CLC Crew

dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Re: Lost accounts: 2 February - 18 February

Post by dougie-lampkin »

I lost 10k, a FXO and a XFR :D

But I just earned it back!!! :roll:
Image Image Image Image
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

good for you :)
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
Stew

Post by Stew »

Ok this is the test. The two threads claims/pledges are in the general discussion topic. Be honest and post screenie if you have one. No money will change hands yet and there will be a cut off date for claims.

Those of you who have big cash....be generous with a pledge for those who lost everything.
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber

Post by dougie-lampkin »

passme[bum] wrote:good for you :)
I'm just saying, it's not the end of the world, it's not as if your bank account was backed up incorrectly and you now have no money, it's a bloody game! I don't drive to earn cash, I drive for fun!

I'd like to pledge money, but I only have 20k, and I still have to re-buy my fxo...
Image Image Image Image
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Post by Chesta »

dougie-lampkin wrote:
passme[bum] wrote:good for you :)
I'm just saying, it's not the end of the world, it's not as if your bank account was backed up incorrectly and you now have no money, it's a bloody game! I don't drive to earn cash, I drive for fun!

I'd like to pledge money, but I only have 20k, and I still have to re-buy my fxo...

i dont think conrad was being sarcastic :p

It really isnt a big deal. its a game people get over it :)
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

Post by Blackbird »

passme[bum] wrote:
Blackbird wrote:You are wrong Oreo, i guess maybe 60 players would ask for "refunds".
If more: they will not all ask IN ONE DAY, maybe 15 will ask in one day..
But i can have wrong, dunno. Fact is, nobody knows what would happen...

Why must you all be so negative?
Let's give it a try and see what happens?
Text
We were talking about Stew's suggestion.
And if you read he's suggestion you see he write with big fat text: "I'm not saying CLC should give refunds"
Hehe, that sounded like I'm angry or rude.. I'm not.
The admins or CLC have nothing to do with this.
This is organized and everything by players, for players.
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Tobby
Ingame nick: Tobby
LFS Name: Tobby

Post by Tobby »

I understand that you can't refund but i feel the need to at least write what i lost and getting the anger out:P

Lost 1500km and bonuses that i had gained from 500km endurance.
(and i just finally could afford a GTR)
back to driving a crap car... or not... unfornunally atm i don't feel like doing 500km endurances anymore...
not untill CLC does regular backups many times a week..
LiveForBoobs
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: LiveForBoobs
LFS Name: LiveForBoobs

Re: 100k gone, 5000km gone.

Post by LiveForBoobs »

wentz22 wrote:Im Sorry Mreko, We had to roll Back 14,000 accounts to our last save which your well aware of. If we refund one person were going to have to refund all 14,000. I hope you can understand this and can work through it with everyone as we all work to earn back those 2 weeks we lost.
would you really have to roll that many accounts? how many of them dont drive anymore? how many dont care? Why not refund the ones that ask for it, and people know they had certain cars?

Maybe its not hard for you, ur admin u got all cars, u lost nothing.
People who know me for instance, know that i had a XRT with which i drove most of the 4000km to get the FZR i had been playing lately. Now im back to ZERO. Yes, i have nothing now, because i got S2 very recently, and went to CLC for the very first time not long ago. Ask Chris, ask Chesta, Mal, Pass me might remember chasing me on his FXR against me on FZR some days ago, ask the Burglars, ask PVL. Considering you have proof that some of us did have some car, I dont see any excuse not to give us what we had, at least cars, which are easy to prove.
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

LiveForBoobs wrote:a question already asked in this thread with also same arguments
Already answered in this thread. Check this post in this very same threads, specially then first one:
http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/viewt ... t=15#p8155
http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/viewt ... t=15#p8161
http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/viewt ... t=30#p8177
http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/viewt ... t=30#p8187

As for us admin having everything... what an unthankful little prick you seem to be, saying a thing like that. The moment you start paying us for our work you own the right to whine about our poor decisions and our poor backup system. Or to have the longer explanation: Remember that we work with this project very much, at this i personally spend like 4-8h *working* on this every week (last week i doubled that though since i did homepage), on top of that i try to do a few laps now and then too (but it CONSTANTLY gets interupted by people wanting refund for braking their middle finger while driving past me, even if they know we dont do refunds). I know JasonJ spend even more time coding CLIS - he's like damn machine on this. Its been work for all CLC members since CLC was created the summer 2006. So dont tell me we lost nothing. We've spent more time on this you will ever imagine doing VERY HARD work, and you make it even harder when you say that we lost nothing. And all for free. We do it all for US to have fun together, including you. What have you contributed with?

Now, you can whine about it some more and still getting nothing for the reasons ive already mentioned, or you can get into server and do some laps, get coins, get your chase of your LIFE, start a cruise or even start a game of UF1-tag. Meanwhile, pray that the user-founded-fun is going to work and apply for help there.

Im sorry for being very irritated atm, but ive slept to little, been at school all day, after that watched some floor for my new apartment thats being rebuild (yes, im moving soon), realizing that i havent eaten anything today but a small sandwich at 10am (its 6pm now) and this is what i see when i come home. We lost nothing and we suck. Thanks a lot.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber

Post by dougie-lampkin »

lol it's been rolled back 3 WEEKS!!

That's 3 weeks of fun gameplay to earn it back, it's not a punishment...
If you don't want to drive to get money, why the hell are you playing a cruise server??
Last edited by dougie-lampkin on 20 Feb 2008, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

thats good enough for making it to my signature.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
wentz22
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [CLC] Adam W
LFS Name: wentz22

Post by wentz22 »

LiveForBoobs wrote:
wentz22 wrote:Im Sorry Mreko, We had to roll Back 14,000 accounts to our last save which your well aware of. If we refund one person were going to have to refund all 14,000. I hope you can understand this and can work through it with everyone as we all work to earn back those 2 weeks we lost.
would you really have to roll that many accounts? how many of them dont drive anymore? how many dont care? Why not refund the ones that ask for it, and people know they had certain cars?

Maybe its not hard for you, ur admin u got all cars, u lost nothing.
People who know me for instance, know that i had a XRT with which i drove most of the 4000km to get the FZR i had been playing lately. Now im back to ZERO. Yes, i have nothing now, because i got S2 very recently, and went to CLC for the very first time not long ago. Ask Chris, ask Chesta, Mal, Pass me might remember chasing me on his FXR against me on FZR some days ago, ask the Burglars, ask PVL. Considering you have proof that some of us did have some car, I dont see any excuse not to give us what we had, at least cars, which are easy to prove.
Just a note, dont say I have nothing to lose, your new to the game. So were all the admins at some point and time, we all worked to out spot. Its not like i just signed up for S2 and became a CLC admin. I drove for months on end, hours upon hours with shakenbake back when it was s1 and lossing 2 cars a day wasnt a problem. I worked my way up and worked just like everyone else. But this has gained my interest. Since you say the admins had nothing to lose, as of right now My account is reset 0 Euro's, 0 Km, and a UF1

Now im in the same boat as everyone else..back to nothing

CLC- Where Simulation Meets Reality
....And Chris P Sucks His Thumb
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber

Post by dougie-lampkin »

Thanks Max, I'm chuffed :P

lol Wentz...Go to minus €, that'll show 'em!
Image Image Image Image
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

dougie-lampkin wrote:Thanks Max, I'm chuffed :P

lol Wentz...Go to minus €, that'll show 'em!
Nah Wentz can drive the uf1 :wink: . Once he gets a xrg, xfg. Then maybe we will see :wink: . JK Wentz :mrgreen:
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
LiveForBoobs
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: LiveForBoobs
LFS Name: LiveForBoobs

Post by LiveForBoobs »

wentz22 wrote:Just a note, dont say I have nothing to lose, your new to the game. So were all the admins at some point and time, we all worked to out spot. Its not like i just signed up for S2 and became a CLC admin. I drove for months on end, hours upon hours with shakenbake back when it was s1 and lossing 2 cars a day wasnt a problem. I worked my way up and worked just like everyone else. But this has gained my interest. Since you say the admins had nothing to lose, as of right now My account is reset 0 Euro's, 0 Km, and a UF1

Now im in the same boat as everyone else..back to nothing
Well sorry, i thouht as admins u had all cars by default. But that raises another question.Do you think its fair, after so much effort to get back to zero? If there was a poll... alright, but this was forced, and by forced i mean we didnt chose to get back to zero. I dont find it fair.

And yes, admins, the mod is great, thank you. If you check my stats, i drove +-4500km on LFS S2 4200 of which were on CLC. That tells you how much i like it.