Lost accounts: 2 February - 18 February

The City Life Crew will publish news and updates in this forum.

Moderator: CLC Crew

Conzales (Be)
Ingame nick: Conzales (Be)
LFS Name: conzales

Re: Lost accounts: 2 February - 18 February

Post by Conzales (Be) »

Hello

I am very pleased to know that clc crew stays honest about what happened.
I will keep on cruisin there even I lost a couple of cars and also a lot of money.
Clc has always answered my questions nice and quick , and they give very good support.

Accidents can happen, not only on track, but also in real life, like when u're backing up something.

Go to another cruise server , and u have as much chance as here that something goes wrong.

greetz and respect

P.S. We're all human !
mcgas001
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by mcgas001 »

Granted humans do make errors. But why back up every stupid amount of days? From my experince at LTC(When i was member) krammeh made it back up every 4 hours(IIRC). Now that makes sence. Why didnt JJ code a simple program that first check if the CLIS is running, if so make a back up and keep on doing that every X hours or something? I dont blame CLC for this and im not falling out with the CLC crew but im stopping cruising because im in 86k debt and have not one clue how im gonna pay it back. So therefor im up *bad language reported* creek without a paddle. So thanks.
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

I don't think my account was affected (I was on about 2 days ago and it was fine), if so, is it still overwritten with the old one?
Image Image Image Image
Globben
Ingame nick: WWD|Globb3n
LFS Name: Globb3n

Loss of car and cash

Post by Globben »

Hey CLC crew i Lost my lx6 and prob some cash. but cant remember so. Nvm the cash.

Just bring back my LX6. everyone know`s i got it so =)

See you all online
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

mcgas001 wrote:Granted humans do make errors. But why back up every stupid amount of days?
Because we didnt have a thought on having an automated system to backup the files, all backup was done manually. After this incident we now have an automated system that copies user files once every 24h to an external server.

I want to tell everyone that, yes, *bad language reported* happens and it might happen again. the only way to be 100% sure about it not happening again is to not run the game at all, but the fun is greater than the risk of it happening. We are doing everything we can to prevent it and to be safe if it happens, within reasonable cost and time effort thinking of the risks. We are not millionairs that dont have any social life - but sometimes i wish.

I also want to say thanks to everyone that have understanding with us, and lets pray to the Gamer Gods this wont happen again and that CLC may live for ever, or a little longer.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
Venusjunior
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: ツVenus JrツNLツ
LFS Name: xtremeracer[nl]

Post by Venusjunior »

lol its sad to here that theyre have been a little fault :) but i wont cry about my xfr and xrt i lost :) i will drive for it again :D:) because im so addicted to clc :D
Audrius

Post by Audrius »

Hi CLC,

long time i was not playing CLC and started to play about FEB 8.
I was dreaming about RB4, had 13000 CLC money. And lost 9000. Can you bring it back to me 9000?
i have Screenshot of 5 RAC in pits and i had 11000 that time. Created 2008 ‎m. ‎february ‎17 ‎d., ‏‎00:45:33.

Thank You

See you online :)
Black RAC ;)
matt88
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: mtrew
LFS Name: m88

Post by matt88 »

hi CLC

i dont mind driving again to get my RB4 as it is loads of fun in the UF1

but doesnt everone start off with $4000, i have $0, can this be given to all members affected?

matt
Stew

Post by Stew »

mmmmm... Tough day for CLC crew, sorry this has happened. I lost 50 grand cash, but like others I've been racking up police fines. I feel really bad for the "new" folks accounts. If I had to go back to UF1 after working so hard, it would be a lot more upsetting. Think about it.
If I had Tiny K's money I'd be buying cars/ giving cash to some of the new folks that are regulars. I'm not saying CLC should give refunds. Think of it like this, in reality if a hurricane wipes out your town the community comes together to help those who were most affected. We should have a relief fund, with a few of the veteran players and a thread, WE could look at the "proof" of loss for the new folks "those most affected" and give partial refunds "get back on your feet money". This way CLC crew does not have to deal with 14,000 accounts or hurt feelings, but could contribute to the relief fund.

I hereby pledge 20,000 to the relief fund.... thats almost 1/2 my cash.
Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

Post by Blackbird »

That's a great idea Stew, you have a heart of gold, hehe.

EDIT: erm.. can someone start a "relief fund" thread..? :P
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Oreo
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by Oreo »

And what do you exactly think is a reasonable proof of loss? Screenshots aren't; they don't show any date. Nor do replays, and anyway it would take them YEARS to go through everybody's replays.

The fact is, in order to keep that thing called "fairness", they either have to refund 14,000 accounts, or none at all. If they did refund, they'd get thousands of people moaning about what they lost, and it's guaranteed that some of these people would try to get back something that they didn't have in the first place. You can see why you won't get a refund now. Refunds would make the admins go crazy.
Blackbird
Officer

Post by Blackbird »

You are wrong Oreo, i guess maybe 60 players would ask for "refunds".
If more: they will not all ask IN ONE DAY, maybe 15 will ask in one day..
But i can have wrong, dunno. Fact is, nobody knows what would happen...

Why must you all be so negative?
Let's give it a try and see what happens?
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

Nice thought, stew, but we (CLC admins) cannot refund or give out, or even loan out money, for a simple reason. Moneywise, we are not a bank, we are a combination the fort knox and a black hole: infinite money. Firstly, money are made by earning them. Driving for coins, lottery, bonus distance, whatever. After that, If person1 does make a loan to person2, then person1 has to 'sacrifice' to not have the amount he lent out to person2, while person2 has a temporary, loaned, luxury for reciving this amount (that he hopefully pays back). The effort for earning the cash makes its value and later you change the money for a car, then the car having the value of the effort you did to earn it. If money would be free we would only use it for weight in the cars so they dont fly when touching a barrier. Imagine one person in the world that truly had more money than you could count to, infinite. And he shares it to who ever wants it, he even delivers it to your house. You would have billions of dollars home, but It would be worthless, not even enough for a cup of coffe.

another thing is that middle class users might also start to whine - "hey he got money, why didnt I, just because im not poor enough?!". Believe me, its easier to just treat everyone the same, no shortcuts at all.

Its a nice thought - and if you players would do such a fund to give out to the more in need, we support it, but we cant contribute to it (other than doing the technical solution for it)

Blackbird: Interestin that you think you know our stastictics :) believe me, its more than 60. I dont want to reveal our player habits/statistics, but judging out of the last editing date of the accounts (=when you last played) and making a guess its more like 600, counting it low. As i said, thats work thats unrealistic for us. However, one thing is right: nobody knows, and nobody will know.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
Blackbird
Officer

Post by Blackbird »

How many players visit this forum? Not many..
So not so many would ask for money.
But there is a risk that some players do "commercial" for the "relief thread", so the 14.000 players maybe start spamming the thread ^^
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

Blackbird wrote:You are wrong Oreo, i guess maybe 60 players would ask for "refunds".
If more: they will not all ask IN ONE DAY, maybe 15 will ask in one day..
But i can have wrong, dunno. Fact is, nobody knows what would happen...

Why must you all be so negative?
Let's give it a try and see what happens?
you have no idea what admins go through its not just a simple refund
they will all ask in 1 day and the number will be much greater than you think
as soon as people who havent been here for months get wind of this false refund claims will be in the hundreds if not thousands . and as we dont get paid we do the job to keep the server running smoothly as we enjoy the server most of the time , you act as though you pay a subscription to the server which no one does , so why the hasstle , i bet youve deleted a saved game by mistake ,this is the same thing ,and if you havent i bet you will sometime in the future.
we have all gone back 15days so its not like its only a few ,i remember the days when you lost half your car for simply crashing out of bounds or timeoutswhich if you were driving an fzr is 65k i remember doing that regularly
most i have spoke to have said there not worried about it saying it coulda been worse
and as for your facts
well see what happens when a mass dissconnect happens everyone screams refund me now and thats only 600 to 1200
so imagine what it would be like if they all thought they could get 60000
there are 285 who regularly read or post here ,
so blackbird if your adamant on going elsewhere why hang around here moaning about something that you know will never happen the admins have made a decsision might not be popular but it was made in the interests of fairness.
well heres 1 example people today insist on they havent lost anything but if theyve played in the last 15days they have and thats troublesome because somepeople are thinking a few had special treatment
everyone was treated the same so i would think thats fair , if you thought about it from all angles not just the i want it and i want it no angle you would see its our only fair option
Passme
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases