Using !help
Ingame nick: SargeBanner.UK
LFS Name: Equinox

New Police Structure

Post by SargeBanner »

Hello all :)

I had a crazy idea yeserday, and it involves reworking how the police work :P

OFFICERS:
When a RED officer is on duty, they may drive any GTR car of their choice.

OFFICERS:
Must not join in a cadets pursuit UNLESS:
The chase has escalated to cond. 3.
Officers may enter Cond. 2 chases in a patrol car if there is only one cadet.

Cond. 2 chases may involve other cadets in patrol cars.

CADETS:
When a cadet is on duty, they must NOT be in a GTR car UNLESS:
Permission is given by overlooking officer. Permission only goes when a chase involves another GTR car.

CADETS:
Cadets will patrol the track in a lower-spec car (i.e an FXO/XRT/RB4) This makes it seem a little more real, as not every policeman drives a V8 supercharged racecar :lol:

I just thought this would make it a little more interesting, and allow some users in lower-spec cars to have a chance to escape (cos some criminals do in real life :P )

For example:

An FXO has just been caught speeding by Cadet<>A.
Cadet A pursues the suspect in his patrol car.
Cadet A feels the pursuit needs to go to Cond. 2, other cadets join with their patrol cars.
Cadets A and B cannot stop the suspect. Cadet A goes to Cond. 3. Officer joins pursuit in GTR.

OR IF THERE IS ONLY ONE CADET:

The FXO is speeding again.
Cadet A pursues in patrol car.
Cadet A feels the pursuit needs to go to Cond. 2. Officer switches to patrol car and joins.

If you need more detail, just ask :P

Sarge.
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Re: New Police Structure

Post by Chesta »

er... this is pretty much how the police system works in the first place :?

a cadets car is determined by the officer who is online. unless the officer is civilian than the cadets are allowed to drive whatever they like..
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
SargeBanner
Using !help
Using !help
Ingame nick: SargeBanner.UK
LFS Name: Equinox

Post by SargeBanner »

But us newer people, who still have to drive the lower-spec cars, have no chance !

There is some chance in real life ...

Plus it just makes it look more real, rather than seeing a load of police GTRs scattered everywhere
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

SargeBanner wrote:I just thought this would make it a little more interesting, and allow some users in lower-spec cars to have a chance to escape (cos some criminals do in real life :P )Sarge.
Assuming this is what you are looking to fix, this is what we constantly are trying to fix too. Its a very delicate problem - cops dont want to be cops unless they can bust, and at the same time civilian wants better chances to escape. Today we try to instruct every cadet and officer to give every chase its adventure, and not do to quick busts, while still being fair. Maniac doing 250kmh in chicanes should have highened conditions faster than a user going 70 in a 50 zone, no matter what var they are in. Always remember that its the chase the most fun, while the bust or the escaping is just a small part of that.

As for your suggestion i find ok in theory, but a bit complex and it might be hard to follow that in reality. I prefer to have better instructions to officers and cadets about the idea of the perfect chase. Compared to what we had we come a long way, but ofc it can always be improved.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

well i agree with you max i find the most fun chases are ones that last a while lets face it were all here to have fun and complexed rules do take the fun away a little
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Sometimes you need the help of the cadet in a GTR. To catch a bank robber in a GTR or similar. Forcing Cadets into non-GTR's might not be the best thing. We have moved towards facilitating this type of this Sarge has suggested. I spent many a long hour making it so that if all the police are in lower powered cars, then a high powered car CANNOT rob the bank.

If officers in the server choose to use a slower car, then they can tell the cadets to choose a similar classed car, the bank will still be relatively safe. Sometimes I grab a slow police car, (the other officers are the same) and the cadets can stay in GTR's to chase GTR speeders. If the bank gets robbed by a GTR, then I'll quickly grab a GTR to match it. Cadets can also choose to use a slow classed car, and if required, they can grab a GTR as well.

What I am trying to say is that forcing some police into certain cars means they are useless when you need them. The police do have choice to any car they want now. What I suggest to Cadets is that if they have a GTR and the speeder has a slow car, then the need for Condition 3 isn't required since the speeder is outclassed. Sometimes in this scenario, the police car might make a mistake and the suspect might escape him.