Moderator: CLC Crew

Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Re: FE4 pit parking area's

Post by Timbe_ »

i think it is okay to be afk for a little while but staying in wrong place where people are trying to drive... :x
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Blackbird wrote:If all the admins hate players who is afk on track..
Why not increase the afk limit thing when spectating to maybe 60 min?
Well a shorter time was desired, but since this was a big change, I didn't want to cause too much panic with it's introduction. Also the time cannot be too short or else player will abuse it for a free pitlane. After they crash they might need to go out for a bit and just leave the car there to get a free pitlane & kick creating more AFK players. So there is a tricky balance here. The time was initially going to be 3 hours so people were not shocked too much from getting kicked and the main problems were people sitting idle for like 6 hours. The idea is to keep players out who are wasting a slot for busier times. We might reduce the time a bit now that people are used to the auto-kick feature. Admins have a view AFK status so we can see what sort of lengths of times people are AFK so we can make decisions quickly if a safe kick is immediately required. This wont be made available to regular players, some foolish people might start attacking guys AFK for 30 mins on track thinking they wont be able to see it if AFK just to be annoying.

Blackbird wrote:I don't understand why the afk limit thing is so short in spectate mode compared to when on track, because both modes takes 1 connection slot..
Ok, one thing, when you spectate from the pits, there is a small chance someone will connect and take your connection ID meaning you get their fines when they are on track. There is a bug I can only assume and I am not 100% sure about its operation. I need to fix it but some time is needed to help me understand it.
So,... when you spectate your car you are possibly going to get a fined uneccesarialy. The time needs to be very short so the chance of being fined like this is reduced. When you are in spec you can't abuse a free pitlane by waiting 20 mins so it CAN be a very short time. See there is method in my madness? Please don't complain about being kicked though. You loose nothing in spectate except the need to click Connect again. You even get many many warnings about being idle, even one at 10 seconds or something IIRC. And, no I will not add a feature that cancels the AFK when in spectate when you type some words into the chat. People can bind something like "!" to F1 and stick the key down defeating the point. And the point is to keep server slots available where possible and save people from this AFK/Spectate bug. If people want to sit in spectate and watch stuff like chases or chat to friends that's fine. But you just have a small price to pay for "incorrect fine insurance" and also to stop people cloging up the server who ARE indeeed afk, you are kicked every 20 mins that's all, no biggie to reconnect. Admins are not auto-kicked because they can self refund from this bug and also spend quite alot of time in spectate sorting out arguments or wreckers.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

and a great job they do
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD