Moderator: CLC Crew

Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Re: Full Server - Many AFK ppl

Post by Wraak »

JasonJ wrote:Keep in mind it is only 5 mins so that cars don't dangerousy sit in a re-spawn area. Even somone afk, in the pit lane, might get nudged into a PIT garage so then they inadvertanlty become a danger. The 5 minutes removes this problem to.

Yes Sean. It's only the actual garage, or any safe to pit area. Out the back is ok, but if you time out, you still loose 600.

Unfortunately because it's still only a simple solution, (it still took hours to implement and code btw, and I had to actually code this thing three times to make it work because of the complex rules involved), this means that if you park inside the unused garages, or pit#0 and pit#17 (where people cannot spawn from) you still only get 5 minutes. At some point in th future when I add more functionality, then maybe those safe areas (non spawn areas) will be 40 minute places to park. But, this was really just a fix to a badly 'broken' system with the AFK timers.

At least when you look at the server list and see that CLC is half full, at least you can be quite sure that all those players are actually active and playing. In the past a full CLC server might mean half are AFK. so meh, /rant
or make those pits afk kicker-free garages where you pay per minute :)
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Yes, but I already spent much too much time on AFK stuff (like 2-3 days coding), when we need some things for drivers to do. So afk stuff will be on hold for a bit. But good suggestion, but wait to you see what I got lined up for those AFK driver, you will think parking tickets is a totally boring solution. :roll:
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

can u tell me? in private? like e-mail? lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

And then I get 100 other ppl who I know well, wanting the same thing. Sorry, everyone must wait for releases. Making specific promises when programming is involved is always a downhill battle.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

:), was a joke :)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD