Moderator: CLC Crew

samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Re: Improvement and/or addon for the lotto

Post by samforey »

Crystal wrote:What I think is .. if you are new to the server and win 100k through jackpot .. it's not fun cruising anymore.
The better cars you get the more boring it becomes.

The only thing I'd change on the lottery formula is the chance to win it .. it's too high chance to win for my taste.
Yesterday 2 guys went exactly the same time into the cash in and both got lottery lol.
And Nyamo said he won 6 jackpots one day .. I think it should be more like once every week and even that is a bit much.
IRL people get a jackpot not even once in 3 months.
It's completely random, afaik, you could go without a lottery jackpot for 100 years, but you could win jackpot evey time you get a lottery.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

samforey wrote:
It's completely random, afaik, you could go without a lottery jackpot for 100 years, but you could win jackpot evey time you get a lottery.
i totally agree
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

The way this is proposed here has some challenges...

Certain time of lotto draw means the guy with the winning ticket must be on-line. Well.... thats not possible with only 32 connections so the winning ticket when drawn would have to be stored and checked against all players joining so when he/she joins the server he has his account credited. The winning moment is lost if the guy doesnt ever join the server again. TBH it's alot of work to program something of this nature in, it's also quite different to the current system so would require alot more than just tweaking the current system.

I have suggestions to change the lottery to make it cumulative. This, once completed, could be tweaked to give a bigger jackpot which would mean it would have to be less often as well to allow the jackpot to accumulate. As the jackpot gets bigger, there would be a big scramble to get lotto tickets fast as possible. So new players could join in on the spoils without a huge cash outlay. This way will be easier to implement because its just some small changes. And by small I mean probably only a few hours and not days worth of work. :|

I wanna add some other new things first before re-working the lottery so soon since I just 'fixed' it all up. Getting bogged down in the same quests get boring to for everyone. There still is at times, 100 tickets per day being bought, (this is even excluding the free ones), (admins have stats on this) so if you see alot of jackpots "going off", keep in mind there are many tickets being paid for so the 'lottery economy' is quite steady.

I can't see any harm in organising a lottery amoungst yourselves if you want to do that. There are alot of trust worthy players here.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

can u tell me the emprovements? lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD