Downloadable Sirens & Tools & Music Horns

All kinds of Caribbean Cruise downloads and screenshots should be posted here.

Moderator: CLC Crew

Sketchyrollin564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Sketchyrollin564 »

JasonJ wrote:
Sketchyrollin564 wrote:...
Also, whats the pack i can download so instead of hearing the default horn 5, i can hear a police siren instead?
Forgot to tell you about this: http://www.citylifecrew.net/downloads/CLC_sound.zip
(found on http://www.citylifecrew.net )
Again i cant figure out how to do this with winace and all that, im horrible with computers
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Your using software that I dont use to unzip the files. I just use the Windows built-in unzipping function.

Try look what opens up when you open the zip file. Copy those files (extract them) to somewhere on your computer so that you can find them later. Then close the winace (or whatever it is) program and use the files from where you extracted them to.

Unzipping files is pretty common place on PC's nowadays. Even LFS comes packaged as a zip file which you extract to somewhere on your PC to make it work.

Perhapse google "winace simple tutorial" or something. It's in your best interest to learn how to use an unzipping program. Lots of things are downloaded in a zipped format.

To install the Siren Sound:
1. Once you get the .wav (sound file) of the new police horn. It will be called HORN5.wav (HORN5)

2. Then copy the file to the folder ..../lfs/data/sound/

3. Say yes to overwright the old HORN5 when Windows prompts you. (I say yes cause that a-uuuu-gahhh horn is crap TBH)

4. Then re-start LFS (or press shift-w in-game)

5. Change to horn 5 in your car (use shift-H to cycle)

6. Press 'B' to make the horn go.

??? "And this is the guy that's "hacked" LFS ??? :-/ I dont think he could 'hack' .dat files with an RTF viewer app. at this point.
Sketchyrollin564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Sketchyrollin564 »

Alright, cool, ill try that tommarow if i got time
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

can some1 upload some other sirenes pelase? the "old" one becomes boring :-) maybe a german one :P
Image Image
manijack
Using !pitlane
Using !pitlane
Ingame nick: BDT®Maniac
LFS Name: Manijack

Re: Downloadable Sirens & Tools & Music Horns

Post by manijack »

german ftw! they are loud!
ANTEC Three Hundred | ASUS P5Q PRO | CORSAIR 650W Powersupply | ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB | INTEL Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz | Corsair 4096MB DDR2 | Logitech MX-518 | Logitech G15 | BenQ G2220HD | Logitech G27 | Logitech X-540 5.1 surround | Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Chris
Official Towtruck

Post by Chris »

well, i got a german one, u want it? shall i upload it?
Image Image
theaidanator
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: ECL >> Aidan
LFS Name: theaidanator

Post by theaidanator »

Yes please! I've never heard the German police siren before and now you have got me interested....show me..SHOW ME!
I don't have a signature, cause i'm awesome like that.
Chris
Official Towtruck

Post by Chris »

Image Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

New LFSstrobe version 1.4 !!

Post by JasonJ »

Tommy has mad another version of LFSstrobe, v1.4 I've added it to the first post in this thread.

It has the ability to switch OFF the horn toggle key. Really handy if you had problems with the horn comming on its own OR that using Shift or Alt or Ctrl for binds when using the sirens you found it always turned them off by mistake.

Original version appeared on LFS forums here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php? ... ost1025195

Thanks to Tommy - This is one of the greatest mods for Cruisers/Police in LFS.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

does that LFS strobe come on when u use the horn? is it just a certain horn that it comes on?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

You configure it inside the application to turn on horns (what ever horn you have selected at the time) when you press CTRL or SHIFT or ALT AND you can make them come on with NumLock or ShiftLock or CapsLock. The lights and indicators can be programmed to flash as well. Use LOAD button to load predefined light combos.

It's an abosolute MUST for police to use. Somone should have nominated it best external mod 2008 on LFS. He actually added version 1.4 on 2nd Jan 2009, so it can be nominated for best external mod for 2009 this year's end.
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

Recently, Z17 has been released and as most have already noticed, one new feature is that you can hit '3' to switch on lights, including tail lights. This looks especially good when used together with LFS Strobe in chases.

Now, the general problem with LFS Strobe is that you can work out a really nice flashy bling bling pattern but all the work is usually for nothing because for others on the server it will look like complete random strobes because of lag.
After a lot of testing on the CLC server, me and BB found a pattern that looks exactly the same way for all people on the server. To make this possible, the strobe cannot make use of any direct relation between blinkers and the lights. As soon as you try to synchronize these two in some way, it will end up random for everyone (or at least it will look fairly different with pauses every now and then).
I, for one, prefer a strobe pattern that looks the same for everyone and not a pattern that looks absolutely great for me on my pc but is completely random for everyone else on the server.

Here's the file for everyone who wants to make use of it (you might need to re-set the keys for lights and horn inside the program, once loaded). Thanks to JasonJ, too.
Attachments
Strobe Police Z17.rar
Zipped it up since this forum doesn't allow .txt extensions =/
(132 Bytes) Downloaded 444 times
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

Do you have the timings for that? i tried to read the .txt but didnt understand much of it.

I use a script on my G15 keyboard for this, so i dont have to use another process/program, and changed the script to have the backlights flash too.... but if its seems weird for others, then whats the use? (i can release a .lgp file for others with g15 too once i get the timings, if others are interested).
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Key 9 (indicator start) 100 ms
key 3 (turns headlight on) 250 ms
key 3 (turns headlight off) 150 ms

(ms = milliseconds)