Any MMO players?

Talk about others games that you, or other, might like.

Moderator: CLC Crew

Predator

Re: Any MMO players?

Post by Predator »

Played wow for over 2 years not playing it now (/quit :D )

And i would not go back to it as i have see most of the pve side of the game.

2x70 characters
1xwarr = Full S1/S3 Wep (PVP character)
1xmage = 5 Tier 6 and items from bt/mh/SWP (PVE character)

My next mmorpg is going to be warhammer online, played aoc and did not get into that at all.

But atm its LFS/CoD4 :P
Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG
Ingame nick: [OPC] Kstorm!
LFS Name: Kstorm43

Post by Kstorm43 »

I played TDU for a while, kinda got old for me so I haven't played it lately.

Right now I play this free racing MMO called Drift City.

http://drift.ijji.com

Cartoony graphics and crazy unrealistic physics, I think it's pretty fun. And did I mention it's free?
OPC

[OPC] Kstorm!
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Kstorm43 wrote:I played TDU for a while, kinda got old for me so I haven't played it lately.

Cartoony graphics and crazy unrealistic physics, I think it's pretty fun. And did I mention it's free?
Most mmo's today seem to be free online. Basically they earn money from advertisements and things such as item mail. I don't like these games becuase usually the best players get there through paying with real cash. I don't know if this is the case for this game, but is with many.
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Kstorm43 »

shaken_bacon wrote:
Kstorm43 wrote:I played TDU for a while, kinda got old for me so I haven't played it lately.

Most mmo's today seem to be free online. Basically they earn money from advertisements and things such as item mail. I don't like these games becuase usually the best players get there through paying with real cash. I don't know if this is the case for this game, but is with many.
Yeah, I don't like that in games either. This one isn't that bad though, since most thing you can buy with real cash only offer a slight advantage (or none at all) over parts you can get with in-game currency. Specifically for this game, you can get parts like wings, wheels, body kits, paint, decals, etc. and most of the time the real cash and in-game cash parts are the same. I think most people just use real money to make their cars look better, since that's all it's really good for in this game haha.
OPC

[OPC] Kstorm!
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Does that drift city work like a proper driving game, or is it like a RTS play by play thing?

Whats the idea? upgrading / modding cars and showing off? Or is there some skill involved?

edit: ahh you said unrealistic physics. Ok so its like NFS on the GBA type of feel - thats fun to.
Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Kstorm43 »

JasonJ wrote:Does that drift city work like a proper driving game, or is it like a RTS play by play thing?

Whats the idea? upgrading / modding cars and showing off? Or is there some skill involved?

edit: ahh you said unrealistic physics. Ok so its like NFS on the GBA type of feel - thats fun to.
There is some skill involved, just not the same skills as LFS or anything like that haha. The idea is racing, basically. There is a mission based storyline but most people just race. People do (for some reason) like to just show off their cars though, and a lot of the better looking parts/colors cost real money (but again, offering almost no advantage over normal parts). Yes, crazy unrealistic. Like hit the boost button and your car gains like 100 mph, and push shift and your car does a 90 degree drift around a corner, lol.

Random Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8hJXg_J ... re=related

EDIT: There is another free racing game I play that's somewhat realistic (note "somewhat") called Project Torque.
http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/
Although again.. free but most things cost real money.
OPC

[OPC] Kstorm!
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

profect toque is a classy game xD its a good laugh when just messing about with a few mates... :)
[OPC] Miles!
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Yes I played project torque a long time ago, when it was in beta I believe. It had a lot of potential, but I didn't care for the developers or the people that ran the game, and I felt like the community was awful. It wasn't the game that was that bad (although it had countless bugs and glitches and still did a few months ago when I played it.) I can't stand the community in many free games. In fact I rarely enjoy many online games for that fact most people act like total animals when they play online, I find LFS is an odd exception, even with the odd problems.
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
Officer
Ingame nick: The Mad American
LFS Name: Runeman

Post by 4556 »

One MMORPG (CLC) is enough for me.

Silkroad was ok... but time consuming.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

WoW is broken 11.5 million with nothing to do :biggrin:
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

lol, some people arent particularly smart, like those that play runescape
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Eddie
Ingame nick: wh33z3r
LFS Name: Eddie Lynch

Post by Eddie »

I play some free MMO's from time to time. Mainly Archlord, and Mabinogi.

Archlord is just a classic MMO. Mabinogi is more like an online anime. Only downer is if you want to get anywhere you need to kill for hours, and hours. Sucks that people can just BUY money off the website. :thumbdown:
I say stupid things in TS.