Practicing my 'shopping skills.

All kinds of Caribbean Cruise downloads and screenshots should be posted here.

Moderator: CLC Crew

Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Practicing my 'shopping skills.

Post by Orsenfelt »

WARNING : HYOOGE IMAGE

http://orsenfelt.co.uk/Upload/Images/wallpaper1.png

I'm not all that great, but I like it.. Not bad for a photoshop 'nub I guess. Gonna try my hand at some rain, Nightime.. All that jazz.. Anyone got any tips :D

That was just messing with levels and stuff, Trying to get it looking 'nice' heh
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Re: Practicing my 'shopping skills.

Post by matt2000 »

Very good. Exactly fits my monitor too. :D

I've got a fair bit of experience in Photoshop (Avatar and Sig as well as tons of other stuff), and I have a couple of suggestions.

First, the middle tyre mark would look better if it was moved under the right rear wheel, which looks like it's floating a bit. Shouldn't be too tricky to copy that bit and move it.

Second, I think the bit of sky needs the blur tool, it looks very computery and rough. Smooth it out and it'll look very real.

Thirdly, the whole image could use some softening and a contrast boost. :D

I mean all of that in a good way too, it'll just give it that extra realism.
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

I had a go myself, I hope you don't mind. I was forced to increase the size of the inner image slightly (part of it had gone transparent at some stage, probably my carelessness with the eraser) and I've saved this version as a .jpg. I'm not a fan of PNG files. :D

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9305 ... allbx1.jpg
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

matt2000 wrote:Very good. Exactly fits my monitor too. :D

I've got a fair bit of experience in Photoshop (Avatar and Sig as well as tons of other stuff), and I have a couple of suggestions.

First, the middle tyre mark would look better if it was moved under the right rear wheel, which looks like it's floating a bit. Shouldn't be too tricky to copy that bit and move it.

Second, I think the bit of sky needs the blur tool, it looks very computery and rough. Smooth it out and it'll look very real.

Thirdly, the whole image could use some softening and a contrast boost. :D

I mean all of that in a good way too, it'll just give it that extra realism.
1.) Yeh, I only noticed the tyre after I had finished lol. That is the way LFS had put it out, For some reason the back right isn't leaving marks lol.

2.) I think I chose the wrong weather conditions, It's FE with overcast.. Which I thought I could make look kind of dark and almost-stormy.. Turns out it just gives a pretty poor lighting condition and bland sky lol

3.) I'm personally not a fan of the 'softened' look. Even slight blur messes with my eyes, I don't get the effect from it other folk do heh. Much prefer the clean line thing, Each to their own =)

I like yours, Like I said I'm not one for the softened look but I do like it =)
Currently trying to figure out how to add believeable smoke, Even with smoke mod in LFS I couldn't get a shoot that really showed the burning rubber heh..

Practice makes perfect :D
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

The requested URL has been blocked by category filtering because it is in the categories: Computing/Internet, Personal Pages.

stupid dam school, so annoying, good pic Orsenfelt, can u upload the smoke mod? i cant actually find it on LFS forum :(
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

you people make so small pictures :lol: but it looks good! welldone orsenfelt!
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »