Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

The bank idea is not a bad thing actually but instead of being able to lose it from robberies I have a slightly tweaked idea of it.

!balance
!withdraw
!deposit
!intrest (intrest rate + fees for withdrawing.)

commands are the same but there should be a fee if you withdraw money.

20,000 in bank
1 normal lap equals 200
Intrest is 5% of regular cash earned

so lap equals out to be worth 210. However you still only earn the 200 in your cash however the extra 10 goes to your bank.

bank now equals 20,010.

another formula could be something like this.

Starting intrest rate 2.5% intrest increases every 10k in bank by .5%
20,000 in bank
lap = 200
intrest is 3.5%
lap now equals 207 but the 7 goes into bank giveing a blance of

Now with withdrawing I was just thinking of a 200$ fee per transaction or even 2% of money withdrawn or something.

I personally like formula 2 the best but I think its a bit more complicated.

Formula 2 would go like this just in case you didn't fully understand,

0-9,999 = 2.5% intrest.
10,000-19,999 = 3%
20,000-29,999 = 3.5%
30,000-39,999 = 4%,
etc.

sorry long post I know, I could go farther but thats way too much already ha ha.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

mmm true, but i said that maybe only 5-10% of wat the person has and that would be that risk of having cash in the BANK account maybe they could have it instead of the person the cash was stolen from losing ALL the cash that was stolen if they got away maybe just a small percentage of that, but the thief stil gets the ful amount that he or she has robbed, al the could be a timer on the savings part of the bank like the normal bank.

Um, people could also put there name farward to let them cash be robbed, and if the suspect is busted then the person who put there name forward wil get more back from citylife(the risk with that is that if thew suspect gets away then u wil maybe only get 50% back, and the offender wil get a very sizable fine, the cop wil also get a fare amont back. and it can be up to the officers to never open the savings part of the bank.

I also thought about being able to get loans from the bank whenever u want, like maybe ur account can go to -100k before u get banned, maybe the interest rates when ur in the negatives could be arount 1k and hour (painful i know but u can get loans on demand, just reoay them), but interest is only added on when u r in the server :lol: :D :wink: :D :D
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

yes shaken bacon that does sound good, and to make it more complicated u could set the amount that gos from wat u earn on the track that gos into the BANK account, or u could have none at all go into the BANK account.

Something i didnt think of was wat shaken bacon put about having a transaction fee, instead of ur savings being able to be robbed, because we need a bad thibg with the BANK account idea :) so instead of people just totaly and absolutely jumping at the idea :D :D :D :lol: :lol:
Secondaries
First corner-smasher
First corner-smasher

Post by Secondaries »

Make it a 200$ transaction fee. That seems about right, and it'll keep people from just pulling their earnings out every 5 laps. So people can just keep putting more money in and let it sit until they have enough for that shiny new GTR.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

Thats y i came up with the bank idea, was to help people out of dept with other people (prob get in dept themselves though) and to go towards new cars, and maybe the interest could be wacked onto wat u have every couple of hours, it would also help people who have a (regular) bank balance of worse than -8k, so if they dont want to be banned they could pulld some cash from there savings (i think it would be better to call it savings than BANK account to avoid confusion :) :) ) and not have such a bad bank balance
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

I like the bank idea alot.

Loans are good too.

Maybe something like you can Loan a certain * your bank account balance.

The way you pay it off is either by driving reduction. (Say you get 200 per lap, After you take out a 2k Loan you only get 160Per lap, but 40Goes towards paying back the loan)

Or just !PayLoan 1000 or similar.
Takumi
First corner-smasher
First corner-smasher

Post by Takumi »

maybe lower the cash for disconnection cause you lose money easily like out of bounds u lose 2000k it should be like 500 and its anoyying
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Actually taking about the bank idea did give me another idea as well. Since CLC can't determine the difference between a manual disconnect and a time out I was thinking about insurance. I have no idea if this would be possible its even more complicated then the bank idea but here I go again.

Commands:

!buyinsurance
!insurance (explains how it works and commands such as buy and check.)
!checkinsurance (How many fines you have remaining.)

How it works:

Insurance would cost the person 1k orginally to buy and it would protect them from 3 fines/ disconnects however. Even though 1k protects them from 6k worth of fines it also would reduce there cash earned by 25%.

So insurance would benifit people who crash and who disconnect however it would be bad for safe drivers and people who don't disconnect alot.

Yes this is very complicated and I doubt its possible but here is another example of it.

Options 2:

Comands

!buyinsurance
!insurance
!checkinsurance

How it works:

This time you still pay 1k for your insurances which protects you for up to 5k of fines, damages, pitting, !pitstop or whatever. However it still would lower your cash earned by 25%

Yeah I know its no easier to program if its even possible but im just trying to think of new ideas :D

Anyways I will stop once again for now. 8)
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

Takumi wrote:maybe lower the cash for disconnection cause you lose money easily like out of bounds u lose 2000k it should be like 500 and its anoyying
I think 2000 is fine. If you end up flying out of the track a lot, chances are you are not driving safely.

2000 is a whole lot better than loosing half your car.. Before it was 2000 you could loose up to 65,000 from one dumb little thing.
illegal
Officer
Ingame nick: nic illegal
LFS Name: illegal

Post by illegal »

What about a magic system that can see the difference between a connection timeout* and a normal disconnection** on the track (outside the pits). This in turn combined with lower fines for the timeouts (€400 or thereabouts) would give some people, including me, a tad more motivation to keep visiting and cruising on your fun-besides-racing servers.

* (largely caused by packet loss, sometimes by a computer crashing entirely)
** (caused by exiting the server, going out of bounds or being kicked/banned)
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀
teamnic | Lastfm | deviantArt

LFS patches | LFS Strobe
Distance records | Lap time records | Teh rig

Annoying you in LFS since February 2003.
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

illegal wrote:What about a magic system that can see the difference between a connection timeout* and a normal disconnection** on the track (outside the pits). This in turn combined with lower fines for the timeouts (€400 or thereabouts) would give some people, including me, a tad more motivation to keep visiting and cruising on your fun-besides-racing servers.

I remember something like this being brought up in TS. I'm fairly sure the answer was that it is not possible in whatever InSim version we have..
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Orsenfelt wrote:...
I remember something like this being brought up in TS. I'm fairly sure the answer was that it is not possible in whatever InSim version we have..
I've done some research and the future looks bright for the moment.
illegal
Officer
Ingame nick: nic illegal
LFS Name: illegal

Post by illegal »

Indeed, I was already wondering what ancient version of InSim would be used at the moment. As far as I know, and some people who have written applications for InSim, it can clearly distinguish most types of disconnections.
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀
teamnic | Lastfm | deviantArt

LFS patches | LFS Strobe
Distance records | Lap time records | Teh rig

Annoying you in LFS since February 2003.
alin_coop
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by alin_coop »

i have the problem with timeouts because i'm on wireless, and in the future, if you say it could see the difference i say that it will be great that connection timeouts (not voluntarly) should not be fined
Eimmurb
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: Jacob
LFS Name: Eimmurb

Post by Eimmurb »

illegal wrote:What about a magic system that can see the difference between a connection timeout* and a normal disconnection** on the track (outside the pits). This in turn combined with lower fines for the timeouts (€400 or thereabouts) would give some people, including me, a tad more motivation to keep visiting and cruising on your fun-besides-racing servers.

Main problem i can see... you just disconnect your router and then you time out after a few seconds as apposed to just d/c by pressing exit..

THough if theres a way of telling it would be great, i went through a bad period with my internet and i was losing alot!