Moderator: CLC Crew

brataccas3
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: brataccas
LFS Name: brataccas

Re: Suggestion thread.

Post by brataccas3 »

yes I understand now and that is an excellant post, but in my personal opinion, if donations were accepted then the donaters would still be the same and treated the same as everyone else so they can still get banned etc, just because someone has donated does not mean they are entitled to "special treatment" or immunity ;)
faens morsomt :jawdrop:
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

Ye, thats whats most natural ofc and the way it should be. but its a very easy thing to say, and even agreeing on, however if we go there and there's an issue between a donater and a non-donater, which side would you pick if you would be admin? Or if a person that donated a huge amount of money would brake the rule, would you go easier on him? It might even get bad and get worse treatment, a bit like having your mom as teacher at school. I think we all would be had a bias problem, and a lot of questions would come from others. Sometimes its just best to keep it simple :)
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
brataccas3
Discovering bank
Discovering bank

Post by brataccas3 »

not a suggestion, question: for people that have been mugged, is it random the cash amount or the same amount? cos when I steal from someone its a set amount, but when I steal from them again its the exact same amount of cash (which is a good thing) because few days ago I stole from mango juice/kim and I obtained 700 cash, I went to steal from her again and the output was another 700 cash, so is this a bug/fluke or just luck? or it could of been random? ive noticed that with XFG drivers too, I always get 200 cash each time :shock:
illegal
Officer
Ingame nick: nic illegal
LFS Name: illegal

Post by illegal »

No randomness in it. Everything depends on the difference between the car class of criminal and victim. UF1 vs bigger cars gives a higher amount than FXR vs lower classed cars.

If I recall correctly, UF1 can rob 1400 off an FXR, and TBO class cars steal 400 off each other.
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀
teamnic | Lastfm | deviantArt

LFS patches | LFS Strobe
Distance records | Lap time records | Teh rig

Annoying you in LFS since February 2003.
brataccas3
Discovering bank
Discovering bank

Post by brataccas3 »

aha, thx :) you will make a great admin one day :o
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

if u rob any car in MRT, u always get 10€ xD
Image Image
theaidanator
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: ECL >> Aidan
LFS Name: theaidanator

Post by theaidanator »

hmmmm seems logical chris. +1
I don't have a signature, cause i'm awesome like that.
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

If you're in the same class car you will rob €200
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Cars that are not for sale (MRT, BF1, etc) will use a default 10 Euro amount. Cars like MRT are weird. They have acceleration of a BF1 but top speed of a TBO, so I jsut put a standard 10 Euro steal for them.

Other cars, as has been stated, are on a sliding scale. If the stealing car is faster than the victim it will be less than 200 robbery, if the stealing car is slower than the victim it will be anywhere from 200 to 1400. It depends on the car's class.
brataccas3
Discovering bank
Discovering bank

Post by brataccas3 »

sry to be a bit of a greasy trout here but how come the swear filter is defaulted at 400 cash? should it not be more cash the stronger the insult? eg getting fined for saying crap is a bit harsh? I can accept f**k or racist terms (racist terms 1000 cash imo) but same as *bad language reported*? 400 O_O wayy too steep, why is this for such mild words? :yikes: :teehee:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Well it's at 400 for all fines because we don't want some sort of contest to see who can get fined the least for swearing.
We don't want to see people using minor swearing because it is cheaper either. Also we dont want to see someone get fined for one word, then have an argument why one word is worth more than another.

It used to be 200 for swearing but alot of people kept on swearing. Now it's been raised to 400 the amount of swearing has been reduced a fair bit. If someone is getting out of line, an admin can step in and give further punishment.
alex_tiger
Ingame nick: prodrive'AlexTiger
LFS Name: alex_tiger

Post by alex_tiger »

first of all, i know what i am about to say is not new but either way, starting from what jj said on my thread: "This server doesn't seem to reward good drivers anymore", i suddenly remember the old times on clc and just started cruising (on we1r, with my old rac and fxo lowrider) and right from the first lap, off course trouble began :). i don't know why but especially on westhill its like the hell broke loose, everyone is flying left and right up and down, and of course me cruising along, respecting the speed limits, i get hit in the arse every time i approach a 50km/h zone, but that's not something i can't understand completely, because its logical if you're traveling with a speed in excess of 100km/h there is no time to react when you finally see that the one in front is breaking, but then after apologizing, to ask "why did you break that hard for?" it's a bit annoying. after answering that i was cruising (even had it in my name) and i was respecting the speed limits, i actually got suggestions to "drive like the rest, so i don't cause any accidents" (witch i did almost every lap, because i was driving correctly). although its perfectly true, you can't cruise anymore without causing any accidents because everyone goes maxed out, i can't say I'm fine with it. and roundabouts are really pointless the way they are now, everybody just flees with 160+ through them every single time. all this are complainings, so I'll start suggesting now :P

i think something must be done with ra's, either not having them at all (the little ones on the straights of we, for ex.), or altering the layout so you must break a bit in order to get through like the one on westhill. another thing is that i really miss the cruise spirit, and although i wouldn't want it all the time (i still like to "race" the tracks) i would still enjoy it from time to time, after all that was the reason cruising server started in the first place.

jj, if you want i can help you with ideas for rewarding good people, or anything of what i just wrote. just give me a starting point and i'll think of something.

i know this post is a mess, but i'm really tired! hope to clarify it tomorrow...
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Yes, people can "afford" to crash because so many are rich. Only new players have trouble getting ahead, even if they are good. I was planning to make some more quests first, (because there isn't a whole lot to do challenge wise), then implement changes so that people can't afford to crash all the time. This would hopefully make people drive more careful, or if they don't, they just never get ahead much to make enough for faster cars.
alex_tiger
Ingame nick: prodrive'AlexTiger
LFS Name: alex_tiger

Post by alex_tiger »

that's great! how about a quest in witch you get money if you stay out of crashes for 10 minutes? :D that should nail it down. :P just jk-ing...
ChrisR
Using !help
Using !help
Ingame nick: CristianoR
LFS Name: (-Zonda-)

Post by ChrisR »

The gold dector that is currently up top of the screen i think should be at the bottom so you can see it better and not crash trying to find the red zone for the coin.
Also Gold is underneath your car so i think the gold dector should be at bottom.
You can see it better.

(-Zonda-)
ASSULT FART= A sudden attack that shoots virtual flames out your ****.
TIRE FART= You can't control the blow out
OLD FART= You know how old it is by how bad it smells