Driver conduct and comon sense!

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

Walkingpie
Officer
Ingame nick: Appo
LFS Name: walkingpie

Re: Driver conduct and comon sense!

Post by Walkingpie »

yes and thats why you should have a license you moron.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

if im in clc or something, and someone is tailgating me, i pull as far to the right as possible (usually), and if they are still right behind me, i just slam on the brakes, hope they hit me then keep going lol, but irl if there tailgating me and i need to brake, its not my fault is they rear end me lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

I don't know about other countries, but in Ireland the law is very clear that if you run into the back of another car, you are at fault. Even if they stop as suddenly as possible, it's your fault for not keeping a safe distance...
Image Image Image Image
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

same in nz, if they are to close and u need to brake, do it lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Officer
Ingame nick: The Mad American
LFS Name: Runeman

Post by 4556 »

Get a Hummer with a railroad tie on the back, and bulletproofing glass in the rear, and slam on the brakes. lets see which car breaks first.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

haha good one :)
Globben
Ingame nick: WWD|Globb3n
LFS Name: Globb3n

Yes Agree... EVeryone read this

Post by Globben »

Great Post razwan... Most Broken rule is Wrong lane driving.

KEEP RIGHT FOR F&#k Sake....
Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

Post by Dark Force »

For one people really need to learn to use there mini maps, and second i hate when people denny there mistakes when all you have to do is look at the replay and know there lying. So for the best intrest of all, admit your mistakes and dont lie, its imposible to lie on LFS, there is always a way to know. For example, your driving along in the right lane around a corner and all of a sudden you see a pb'ing GTR come FLYING at you clearly in your lane. BAAAM your oob. Then you reconect and they pull the classic "WTF". Honesty is always the best policy. :wink:
:lfs:
gotmilk
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: gotmilk
LFS Name: gotmilk

Post by gotmilk »

dougie-lampkin wrote:I don't know about other countries, but in Ireland the law is very clear that if you run into the back of another car, you are at fault. Even if they stop as suddenly as possible, it's your fault for not keeping a safe distance...
I know you post this sometime ago, anyway, try to talk to a traffic policeman in a crash scenario and make him this question, or similar:

I am in the city, in a one way road, quite thin, so if a car stops, it blocks the road. Ok, now you're in that road at 17mph, looking for a empty parking space, the person behind you, gets angry and starts beeping. You ignore him, because you really need to park, at some moment, that road becomes less thin and the person behind you, overtake you, SLAM THA BRAKES, and you hit him. Of corse, the person that slamed the brakes, didn't have a fair reason to do it, like a cat passing by. The police arrives, who is paying all the damage?
After overtaking, things get different, because when you're being overtaken not by a Ferrari, and if you want to keep a safe distance, let's say, 2 second diference, you would have to brake (of corse no one is overtaking you, you won't allow it :)), but thats odd, so law is different on overtaking situations.

The example I gave you is real, happen to my uncle, luckly he had a big nissan, and "killed" the little Peugeot three zero six.
The Peugeot driver, or better saying, the Peugeot driver insurance company, paid all.
Eddie
Ingame nick: wh33z3r
LFS Name: Eddie Lynch

Post by Eddie »

hehe, I always use my UF1 :D
I say stupid things in TS.
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

Woah woah woah..... I'm the UF1 dude around here.
Eddie
Ingame nick: wh33z3r
LFS Name: Eddie Lynch

Post by Eddie »

Fine, fine... I'm the Rink Racing UF1 man :p
I say stupid things in TS.
Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

Post by Dark Force »

This post has to do with the amount of people that i hear complaining nowdays about the amount of force the police use to stop a suspect. Let me try my best to explain a chase from an officers point of view with all the offical rules in mind.

The conditions: CLC operates on a basic system of 4 conditions, 1-4, each with varying contact lvls and fine amounts.

Cond1: Suspect is not complying with road rules (speeding, wrong side, drifting, illegal turns). This one isnt really a problem as most understand what they did wrong to START the chase.

Cond 2: Suspect refuses to stop / is endangering other drivers. I like to think of this condition as a tap on the shoulder. Since you continued to run on cond 1 now im just taking my car and lightly taping you, just to remind you to stop. Only light damage here, most people that get to cond 2 continue to run.

Cond 3: Suspect is endangering other drivers. Now this is the big one. This is the condition that most people say things like, "crooked cop" "TO MUCH CONTACT, YOU WRECK MY PB" "you make chase not fun." and my personal fav, " COPS more dangerous then the suspects!!!!!!!!". The truth is the Police officer/officers that are chasing you will NOT go to this conditon unless you hit another civilian, or refuse to stop, or ram the officers. You have plenty of time to stop before you get to this cond, if you get to this condtition, its YOUR OWN fault. You didn't stop! Just like irl you have not stopped, you are dangerous and its time to take you out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRN-m8sppls

Cond 4: Heavy contact. Make suspect crash or go out of control (PIT manoeuvre etc). Suspect may crash out of bounds. This condition allows DEADLY force. This is like when we used to play GTA and they would call in the tanks to KILL you. At this point you have hurt so many people that its time for you to be stoped or nocked oob. So the next time you ROB the bank and the police come and smash and or nock you oob, dont complain, there following the rules. Your fault.

This was not intended to "rewrite the rules" Im just simply stating why we give as much contact as we do. Please try to understand, the police are there to try and have fun and will not raise the condition unless YOU have takin a couse of action that caused the condition and CONTACT to go UP. I hope this clears up much confusion. Most important, have fun! :D
:lfs:
marud
Ingame nick: marud
LFS Name: marud

Post by marud »

This might be a old topic that im bumping, but i would like to add a little detail to the overtaking thingy. If you see that it is safe for someone to overtake you and you will let them to do so, use your blinkers and signal left. In my country (Norway) this is a way of telling someone that they may pass you ^^ If it is written before, then ok. If not, then it's a little tip :)