World of Cruising

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

eight8acht
Ingame nick: WS.C Fredy
LFS Name: eight8acht

World of Cruising

Post by eight8acht »

Hi guys & girls

Just wanted to let you know about the latest Project in the Cruising World.

http://www.lfs-cruise.net

At the moment we are still in development and that's why we do not have a Top level domain yet (it is bought already but not yet registered on our nameservers).

The goal of this website is to help the newbies in the Cruise scene to get informations and reviews about all cruise servers available at the moment.

I joined cruising about 2 years ago and in this time there were only 2 or 3 cruise servers... So it was really easy to check out and join the community which fitted best for me.

But right now there are about 15-20 cruise servers. Some are very well known like: TC, LTC, CLC, WS but there are some new ones too which really are cool and innovative. But a newbie will not find what he searches so easy without help. So to get the servers and the forums more clean from ppl asking "What do I need to do" and wreckers which thought they will get money for hitting cars (o.O, happened yesterday on WS...)

So with this new website we wanna give newbies the possibility to check what's on teh market before joining the servers.

Now we still search moderators from all diffrent cruise teams to get more informations filled in. At the moment only some short info's about WS are implemented.

After some Weeks and some work on the informations we will need the whole cruiser community to get some usefull ratings and reviews on each Server to easily help ppl doing the right decision.

So if you think you could help us then PM me or get me on MSN: fredyschnaeggli [at] hotmail.com. If you are in one of the Cruise Servers team ask your Main Admin for the password, he received it this week. If you are in a Cruise team which isn't already mentioned on World of Cruising just PM me or get me on MSN, i'll fix that asap.

With best regards

WS.C Fredy aka eight8acht
Last edited by eight8acht on 30 Jul 2008, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Re: World of Cruising

Post by shaken_bacon »

I kind of like the idea to inform players about the different cruise servers, however here are my problems with the site.

1: Most of the players that will go on a cruise server, just because they see the word cruise, how will they know to go to your site? The only players that will most likely log on are players that are active on the LFS forums (I would assume that is your advertising place?) Even then most of these players I am sure would already have some knownledge.

2: Review of different cruise servers? This will ultimatly result in people from LTC rating every other cruise server a 1/10 or giving them bad reviews to make them more people, it will be an all out war. Now I am not saying the LTC, or Tc, or CLC admins would do this behaviour (Not saying they will not either ha ha) I am sure there are plenty of cruisers from each of these servers that will though.

3: If one cruise server doesn't want to list there information on your site, it makes them look like a bad server.

Now I did look at your site and there are only two cruise servers that have information currently, both I never heard of. I think you may have had good intentions with this site, however I think this may cause more harm then do good.
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

there seems to be some permission issues cus we cant edit our own info, only windsurfers' info... which i assume is not intended to be like that :P when we can we'll add our info too ofc. (eight8acht, check PM!)
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
eight8acht

Post by eight8acht »

shaken_bacon wrote:I kind of like the idea to inform players about the different cruise servers, however here are my problems with the site.

1: Most of the players that will go on a cruise server, just because they see the word cruise, how will they know to go to your site? The only players that will most likely log on are players that are active on the LFS forums (I would assume that is your advertising place?) Even then most of these players I am sure would already have some knownledge.

2: Review of different cruise servers? This will ultimatly result in people from LTC rating every other cruise server a 1/10 or giving them bad reviews to make them more people, it will be an all out war. Now I am not saying the LTC, or Tc, or CLC admins would do this behaviour (Not saying they will not either ha ha) I am sure there are plenty of cruisers from each of these servers that will though.

3: If one cruise server doesn't want to list there information on your site, it makes them look like a bad server.

Now I did look at your site and there are only two cruise servers that have information currently, both I never heard of. I think you may have had good intentions with this site, however I think this may cause more harm then do good.
1. Ok the place of advertisement will be on Lfsforum in a thread, in soem signatures and of course in the top corner a banner on lfsforum.net

There will be a post about it on lfs-news.net too. The rest is about spreading the word!Sure there will be advertising in all LFS forums (French one, German one)

2. The part of the review will be a hard bit but am searching for a posibility to restrict that.

3. If one cruisers doesn't wants to listen his server why should that let him look bad? And btw that's not my problem... Only because a League doesn't post a subforum on lfsforum they don't look bad either.... so i don't get the point here :)
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

nice site, hope information about other cruise servers is up soon
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

eight8acht wrote:1. Ok the place of advertisement will be on Lfsforum in a thread, in soem signatures and of course in the top corner a banner on lfsforum.net

There will be a post about it on lfs-news.net too. The rest is about spreading the word!Sure there will be advertising in all LFS forums (French one, German one)

2. The part of the review will be a hard bit but am searching for a posibility to restrict that.

3. If one cruisers doesn't wants to listen his server why should that let him look bad? And btw that's not my problem... Only because a League doesn't post a subforum on lfsforum they don't look bad either.... so i don't get the point here :)
Well I see your point, although question number 2 still concerens me greatly. Even just a rating system would still most likely give bad impressions of servers.

I am concerned for CLC not becuase I don't think it isn't the best cruise server it is obvious I do. I think the main problem is that there are a lot of people who dislike CLC because it is harder then most cruise servers. We actually punish you for crashing, who would have thought? Then again CLC fans may be a little mad at the other servers rate them low, becuase CLC was the orginal insim cruise server.

Well I like the information aspect of the website at least. :D

One way that may help if you are going to have reviews you can rate the server by something like this:

Rate CLC:

Community 5/5
Insim: 5/5
fun Factor: 5/5
Overall: 5/5
How long you have played?: 100+ hours.

Review: BLAH BLAH BLAH

Now you get the basics, I believe if you actually give things people to rate, they will be more honest, and not just rate something 0. I mean basically if they rate something low that is obviously the strength of the cruise server, that just makes them look stupid.

:mrgreen:

eight8acht

Post by eight8acht »

shaken_bacon wrote:
eight8acht wrote:1. Ok the place of advertisement will be on Lfsforum in a thread, in soem signatures and of course in the top corner a banner on lfsforum.net

Well I see your point, although question number 2 still concerens me greatly. Even just a rating system would still most likely give bad impressions of servers.

I am concerned for CLC not becuase I don't think it isn't the best cruise server it is obvious I do. I think the main problem is that there are a lot of people who dislike CLC because it is harder then most cruise servers. We actually punish you for crashing, who would have thought? Then again CLC fans may be a little mad at the other servers rate them low, becuase CLC was the orginal insim cruise server.

Well I like the information aspect of the website at least. :D

One way that may help if you are going to have reviews you can rate the server by something like this:

Rate CLC:

Community 5/5
Insim: 5/5
fun Factor: 5/5
Overall: 5/5
How long you have played?: 100+ hours.

Review: BLAH BLAH BLAH

Now you get the basics, I believe if you actually give things people to rate, they will be more honest, and not just rate something 0. I mean basically if they rate something low that is obviously the strength of the cruise server, that just makes them look stupid.

:mrgreen:
Ok, your idea of rating is like the one i had! There will be about 10 points u can comment/rate. If you rate less than 50 of 100 you will be asked to give a reason.

You will also need to add the time played on but since if i wanna fake that i'll just put 3 trillion hours :P

Btw since there are enough moderators unuseful comments can be deleten. So if someone rates all 0/100 and gives sucky comments i'll delete it.

There will be also a League for some racing events for Cruisers but this info u can take from another thread :)
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

As a website developer/owner, Glad to see Joomla/RocketTheme/TerrainTribune getting some love :wink:
eight8acht

Post by eight8acht »

Orsenfelt wrote:As a website developer/owner, Glad to see Joomla/RocketTheme/TerrainTribune getting some love :wink:

Dark TT :) Yeah costed me a fortune :(
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

Just wondering if there is anything still happening with this web site and idea? A lot of the links on the site, and forums have errors, so just wondering.

eight8acht

Post by eight8acht »

shaken_bacon wrote:Just wondering if there is anything still happening with this web site and idea? A lot of the links on the site, and forums have errors, so just wondering.
We are working on the site. atm we have some issues in the code, we are working on it should be fixed today.

To an other probably upcoming questions: Why is there no content yet and why is there nothing about the league.

So here's the answer. Since i work in the army i had a lot of work in the past few days and wasn't able to have a team meeting up for talking about all that stuff.

Bu tnow i'll have three weeks of holiday and i^'ll work on it. We already have some text and graphics we made but not yet updated on the site because we wanna first have a meeting to vote and get some improvement ideas :)
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

Alright good stuff, and good luck. 8)

eight8acht

Post by eight8acht »

shaken_bacon wrote:Alright good stuff, and good luck. 8)
Update: www.lfs-cruise.net new url
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

One thing I just thought of when I looked at the site - Are you allowed to use the LFS logos on the site? Did you get permission?
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

bplaced.net Diese Seite ist leider nicht mehr verfügbar, Fehler 404. Sorry, this page is not available any more, error 404. - Impressum
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD