Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

eight8acht
Ingame nick: WS.C Fredy
LFS Name: eight8acht

Idea about Racing League

Post by eight8acht »

Hey people.

Thats goes especially to the chiefs of CLC.
I'm Tobi, the leader of WS Racing. ( just logged in with fredys account)
I got an idea, and that is to organise a Race - league, something like CTRA.
I want to plan this with all the "main" cruise teams, so TC,CLC,LTC & Windstyle.
I spoke already with Dentzo, the leader of TC. He likes that idea, and would help me out.
I think, we could shot the mouths of that people who are complaining our cruise servers with a racing league made by Cruise teams.
The main idea is: The server will be up 24/7. And let me say every 2 weeks is a league - race. The winner of a race gets 10 points, the second place gets 8, and so on. and the winner of the league will get a prize, like a G25.
that was my idea, and i need your help to do that, ofcourse you can bring new ideas on it or doing some things not that way i want. We could talk about those things on msn ;>

If you like that idea, please add me on msn to get more details.
Tobi_feat_Chappi@msn.com

Regards, WS.R Tobi.
Last edited by eight8acht on 18 Jul 2008, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Re: Idea about Racing League

Post by SEAN-NZ »

sounds like a great idea :) :) :) :)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Well once again I like the idea overall, but I do have a few questons or concerns. I assume just the admins of CLC , TC, LTC, can race in the league races? Well I mean that is fine ,but I believe many spend so much time on the cruise server enforcing rules, just driving , etc. They may be really rusty, can they have a CLC, TC, LTC (Not saying I like the idea, just a question.) racing group of dedicated drivers?

Those are my concerns, however with that said I believe you have a great idea and I wish the best of luck, heck I know which racing server I will be going to ha ha. :wink:
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

I quite like this idea. It could be quite interesting. I have already raced against the creator of LTC in a FBM.
Want to mess with me? Go for it.. See what happens.. Just don't complain about what happens.
eight8acht

Post by eight8acht »

No of course it's not meant to be only for the admins of the diffrent cruising servers! It's just a possibility for the cruisers to get some laps on a closed race track to get some high speed fun but on a secure track!
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

skstibi wrote:I quite like this idea. It could be quite interesting. I have already raced against the creator of LTC in a FBM.
me too, i kicked marks *bad language reported* ^-^
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

Havent decided really on the idea. On one part i _really_ like that the cruising community do something together, on the same hand i also really like when things happens and people take initative to organise things, whether its spontaneus UF1 tag or all day-birthdays celebration by squashing frogs, 'the best headon crash' etc. We try and support those kinda of things.

But on the other hand, this specific idea feels a bit oddly backwards. A cruising community, which come from a game racing community and uses a racing game engine to its cruising, organising a racing league? :o It kinda feels if like... if Yamaha Motor Company would start to make musical instruments (which was how things started for Yamaha Corporation).

Im not saying its a bad idea, just a bit odd. I'll support whatever happens :)
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
eight8acht

Post by eight8acht »

MaxH wrote:Havent decided really on the idea. On one part i _really_ like that the cruising community do something together, on the same hand i also really like when things happens and people take initative to organise things, whether its spontaneus UF1 tag or all day-birthdays celebration by squashing frogs, 'the best headon crash' etc. We try and support those kinda of things.

But on the other hand, this specific idea feels a bit oddly backwards. A cruising community, which come from a game racing community and uses a racing game engine to its cruising, organising a racing league? :o It kinda feels if like... if Yamaha Motor Company would start to make musical instruments (which was how things started for Yamaha Corporation).

Thx for making some thoughts about the idea. Now to your point of view i just wanna add that not much cruisers will cruise all the time. From time to time i enjoy some racing aswell and I know some on WS do too. So my idea of that Cruising League was to get the cruisers who wants to race still on one of our servers. And probably we will gain with that new ppl too. Probably ppl who just raced till now and they will see that it can be fun to cruise from time to time too and still be good in racing :)
Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG
Ingame nick: [OPC] Kstorm!
LFS Name: Kstorm43

Post by Kstorm43 »

MaxH wrote:Havent decided really on the idea. On one part i _really_ like that the cruising community do something together, on the same hand i also really like when things happens and people take initative to organise things, whether its spontaneus UF1 tag or all day-birthdays celebration by squashing frogs, 'the best headon crash' etc. We try and support those kinda of things.

I know it seems kinda weird lol.

But something I was thinking, if we wanted this to feel more like a cruise related thing maybe we could have the races on a cruise layout? Like one race on CLC's layout, one on LTC's layout, and so on and so on. Just like when they shut down roads for street courses. Although this whole idea would probably fail because of the magical rubber bouncy barriers.
OPC

[OPC] Kstorm!
eight8acht

Post by eight8acht »

Kstorm43 wrote:

I know it seems kinda weird lol.

But something I was thinking, if we wanted this to feel more like a cruise related thing maybe we could have the races on a cruise layout? Like one race on CLC's layout, one on LTC's layout, and so on and so on. Just like when they shut down roads for street courses. Although this whole idea would probably fail because of the magical rubber bouncy barriers.
It is a real nice idea and i thank you for thinking about it and supporting us by giving us ideas! But you gave yourself the one and only reason we wouldn't do that! That freakin' bouny barriers :)
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

hmmmmm bouncy barrier sounds like a challange i would be up for that
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

i think that a layout from clc or ltc or watever team would be cool, makes it a bit of a challenge :)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

As much as racing with barriers is a challange I think one of the points to this league is not to worry about them.

Correct me if I am wrong?
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

i wouldnt mind either way, but it would make the race more interesting
doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

A racing league just for cruise servers? Sorry boys, doesn't really make sense to me. WOuld be great to hold cruise or stunt or endurance or whatever contests frequently that are mainly targeted at cruisers and can hardly be found outside that particular scene, but there are tons of regular racing leagues out there which can be participated in by anyone - from noob to pro to cruiser or bruiser. So, in all honesty, not intending to yell down the effort of community-building, but what's the point about *another* pure racing league?